Fenix E50 vs TK22

sleepyguy

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone offer me any input on the differences between the Fenix E50 and the TK22? I own a TK22 and while I really like the light, I want to purchase one for my Dad and want to know how the E50 differs from the TK22.

He will generally be using the light for home use (he's 81) and I think that he would prefer more throw than flood, but some flood would be needed. He will probably be using this primarily to start his generator in the garage if the power fails, however, being a guy, he will want something that also offers that WOW factor. He is a total gadget nerd. Is the TK22 a 'better' light overall. I know he will not want anything that only offers the tail switch so the dual switch will be needed, as well. I would also prefer to stay with an either one or two battery light.

I am also open to suggestions for any lights in the $75 to $125 range, they don't necessarily have to be Fenix.

Thanks in advance for the help. :laughing:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
My advice search this site for the reviews of each light and pop over to You Tube and someone no doubt will have a video up,one of the vendors here is good at taking the lights outside and does beam shots.

Hope it helps.