• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LED-TECH XML U3 2S P60

Hit Man

Newly Enlightened
I have a few special edition LED-TECH P60 drop-ins that I am reluctantly going to let go of.
Plus a few XML U3-1A P60's that are also available.

I bought 50 of these directly from LED-TECH when they were first available. I've tested them all. These are the cream of the crop! Cree emitters on LED-TECH copper heat sink!

First up:

1 LED-TECH MXL U3-2S P60 drop-in, SMO Reflector, tight focused beam. Truely Awesome! One level, direct drive, 1 18650 only. White light. NO Green tint!!!
You need a REAL stiff IMR battery and a solid host for this one. True 1200 lumen OTF. Ready to go. Tested and Guaranteed!
65.00 shipped. SOLD

1 LED-TECH XML U3-2S P60 drop-in, SMO Reflector, focused beam. Truely Awesome! One Level, direct drive, 1 18650 only. A tiny bit warmer color. NO Green tint!!!
Well over 1000 lumens OTF. More spill on this one. Spectacular outside at nite. Ready to go. Tested and Guaranteed!
65.00 shipped. SOLD

1 LED-TECH XML U3-2S P60 drop-in, SMO Reflector, focused beam. Awesome! 3 Level. Hi, Med, Lo, custom driver. One cell. Stiff 18650 only!!! Hi Level is direct drive.
Color is white. Well over 1000 Lumens out the front on Hi. Impressive. 3 level. I will be building more of these! Ready to go. Tested and Guaranteed!
65.00 shipped. SOLD

Next batch:

2 Cree XML-U3 1A tint verified. P60 drop-ins. I set both of these up on a direct drive! Both are very bright. You will need a premium IMR 18650 to operate these. They pull a solid 5 amps steady at the tailcap measured with a Fluke 87!
Tested and Guaranteed!
50.00 each, shipped.

I will be using the Chinese U3 1A for now, as long as supply and quality lasts. These are ridiculously bright. They were received in a sample batch. I will be offering more of the LED-Tech's when they become available again very shortly. They are likely to be L2's.

Just as a reference, and to who ever is interested: Do not use these modules in a cheapy 501b or something like that. Not only will you be disappointed, you will end up with toast! All of these modules pull AT LEAST 4.5 amps + at the tail cap, and the U3 A1's get real close to 5 amps.

FYI: READ THIS BEFORE OFFERING TO BUY!!!
These modules were all hand built by me using full thermal potting, acrtic silver dielectric paste under the LED and PTFE & silver 22 awg premium wiring.
I have pictures, beamshots,comparisons, and performance bench test results for all. They were built to have fun with. They are not designed for commercial or miliatry service OR to be used at 100% duty cycle. They are stout, but they are not indestructable!!! USE with care.
PM me for any additional details or concers you may have.
smile.png
I accept Pay-Pal and use USPS priority shipping.

My name is Ralph. I am an amatuer radio operator for over 25 years. My call is W2RPC. Look me up! 73'

As of 5/19. Drop-ins Available 1500 lumen LED-TECH P60 modules :

(3) XM-L2 U2 1C
(2) XML-T6 U3 2S

pay-pal: [email protected]

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like some premium drop ins my friend! I have a led tech u3 and its a great emitter! (running 3.2a in a custom p60 by vinz)

good luck with the sale

Hit Man

Newly Enlightened
These are the LED-TECH's. Crappy photography, but you can get the gist. Retina searing brightness!

P1130026_zps9665f8bf.jpg

P1130019_zps10f83101.jpg

P1130018_zpsb9214658.jpg

Last edited:

Hit Man

Newly Enlightened
Here are the Chinese U3 1A's. I live in apartment complex that is well lit at night. These things have the ability to light up the entire courtyard! With a freshly charged Panasonic IMR , they become monsters!

P1130013.jpg

P1130012.jpg

P1130004.jpg

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking drop ins, would you be building some L-M-H(H is direct drive) drop ins in the future?

Hit Man

Newly Enlightened
Nice looking drop ins, would you be building some L-M-H(H is direct drive) drop ins in the future?

Yes. I believe I can. Someone else just asked me that as well . I didn't realize that L-M-H would be as popular, but I see your point.
Thanks

Hit Man

Newly Enlightened
I always like showing this one. I recently ordered and received a Customlites P60 drop in. Their latest U3 Module. I guess you'd call it a Nailbender.
Anyway, Nailbender on the left. LED-TECH on the right. Same fully charged battery, and same identical host. Can you even tell it's there. Oops! looks like the Corona from my light just swallowed it up!
With all due respects, the Customlites module is very nice. In fact it does an excellent job for a commercially bought P60 module. It is rated at 800 OTF.

I am editing the above statement for clarification, just so you know and are perfectly clear what you are looking at in the picture just below.
The picture below is a comparison between a fully regulated and current limited light engine, AND, a completely unregulated, hand selected,
ultra high performance LED mounted to a custom copper heatsink that is running wide open. FULL THROTTLE!
It could easily blow up at any time! . I think the majority of us know that in reality there IS no direct comparing the volume of light
between these two modules. It is merely being done for you to see how much MORE light is coming out.

MY PUBLIC APOLOGY TO MR. DAVE(NAILBENDER) Like I said. "With all due respects"

P1070005_zps5ac5a53a.jpg

The actual measured light output from the LED-TECH in this photo is 1558 lumens

Last edited:

Hit Man

Newly Enlightened
The 3 LED-TECH modules are now sold. I will be offering them again.
They will ship today. Thank you to those who bought. I will email your tracking info.
Ralph

Hit Man

Newly Enlightened
As an honest person and a part of this community, I feel it is absolutely essential that everyone knows that another forum member has become upset with my post. I have apologized.

Ralph C.
RC Customs

Last edited:

MattSPL

Enlightened
Can i ask what type of driver the 3 mode is that allows (Direct drive)High, med, low?
And do you have any pics of the P60's?

Cheers
Matt

Hit Man

Newly Enlightened
Yes. Thanks for asking Matt. The regulation board and output boards that I built are designed to be stacked together and put inside the copper heat sink. The input side of the first board takes the spring from the battery and it's outside perimeter gets soldered to the pill.

Here's what happens, small signal (voltage) regulation takes place between two "chips" on the first board. Current is limited in those two modes to "low" and "medium". When the microprocessor senses a 3rd click from the tail cap it bypasses regulation and the device swithches to a T0-220 mounted transistor on the second board to deliver the goods! (turbo) and wa-la! 5 amps of current goes straight to the led!

So the answer to your question young man, is that the driver still allows constant current in low and medium, but is reduced to a pre-allowd level. Hi mode is still regulated, but! and here's the but. The Led that is being used in this case will pull no greater than 5 amps normally. So current is allowed to flow on the second board, up to the power transistors' emitter-collector junction limit.

Thanks, Ralph

Last edited:

Hit Man

Newly Enlightened
Keep the smoke from coming out! NO thermal runaway!!!

I might also add that when proper thermal management takes place it rarely triggers the input voltage clamping circuit.

That's why I can get away with what seemingly is a "direct drive" circuit when other light builders cannot.
That's because most people using the Chinese P.O.S. regulators!

I have had only 1 of these LED's blow up in the six months prior testing that I have done and it was my fault!:sssh:

Ralph

Last edited:

jd1911

Newly Enlightened
When do you expect to have more LED-TECH modules w/3 levels? Can they have a memory? And can you post pictures of the module.
Thanks
JD

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. I believe I can. Someone else just asked me that as well . I didn't realize that L-M-H would be as popular, but I see your point.
Thanks

I think L-M-H is very popular with a lot of people because let's say I'm using the light indoors and my eyes are adjusted to the darkness, I think it would be very painful when the light comes on high first!

Hope that works out and I'll keep an eye on your/this thread/s

MattSPL

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply Ralph

I'll be in for a L, M, H(Direct drive) with Led-tech copper star.

Thanks
Matt

Hit Man

Newly Enlightened
"I owe, I owe" sooo.... it's off to work I go.

Q&A plus more info to write about later tonite. more pics coming too!:laughing:

73's
Ralph

Hit Man

Newly Enlightened
When do you expect to have more LED-TECH modules w/3 levels? Can they have a memory? And can you post pictures of the module.
Thanks
JD

I will have to wait on the LED-TECHs. Johannes Arnes doesn't know when the U3's are coming back in stock. And I quote:

Dear Mr. Capone,

thank you very much for your inquiry.

Unfortunately we can not tell you when the U3 Emitters will be avaible
again.

Delivery time is undefinied.

With best Regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Johannes Aarns
Vertrieb LED-TECH.DE optoelectronics GmbH

LED-TECH.DE optoelectronics GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Lenz
Am Schürmannshütt 38C
47441 Moers

HRB 10767 Amtsgericht Kleve
VAT / USt.-ID: DE 275755662

Web: www.led-tech.de

Phone: (+49) 02841 / 97 91 7-12
Fax: (+49) 02841 / 97 91 7-29

thundertree

Enlightened
Are there any of the Chinese U3 1A drop-in available? Also, is it correct that these drop-ins are for use with 4.2V or less?