Wuben        

Thread: ITP EOS A3 Upgraded (XP-G "96 Lumen") seems better than the newer Olight i3s (XP-G2)

Default ITP EOS A3 Upgraded (XP-G "96 Lumen") seems better than the newer Olight i3s (XP-G2)

So the newest Olight AAA light has come out and it doesn't appear to have bested the last ITP light to be released...
    Selfbuilt tested the ITP EOS A3 (with the XP-G R5) at 78 lumens and an hour of runtime to 50% (The XP-G review is at the very bottom).
    The latest Olight with the XP-G2 in it has ANSI specs of 80 lumens for 35 minutes.

I understand there is a difference between Selfbuilt and ANSI, but it would appear that the latest Olight AAA is less efficient. Is this possible?
    Is there any reason I should choose the i3s over the EOS?

It would appear the ITP is more efficient on high

Flashaholic*

Default Re: ITP EOS A3 Upgraded (XP-G "96 Lumen") seems better than the newer Olight i3s (XP-

I could not see anywhere in that review where that the ITP got 1hr to 50%. I have to assume that the stated runtime from Olight is for a AAA Alkaline cell, and the time would look to be basically the same as the previous ITP as posted by selfbuilt and others.

Default Re: ITP EOS A3 Upgraded (XP-G "96 Lumen") seems better than the newer Olight i3s (XP-

does it say anywhere in the manual that the max voltage it can take is 4.2 volts?

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmcgo View Post
    I understand there is a difference between Selfbuilt and ANSI, but it would appear that the latest Olight AAA is less efficient. Is this possible?
    I haven't tested the new i3 with XP-G2, so I don't know how it compares in my lightbox.

It the example you cited, I estimated my ITP EOS A3 XP-G R5 had 78 lumens, and showed it ran for 1 hour on Eneloop. But ANSI standard is time to 10% on the supplied battery. That usually means alkaline (when no battery supplied) ... and that would be 37 mins from the runtime on my sample. It seems clear to me that the specs for the A3 XP-G R5 ("96 lumens") were inflated, as the Olight i3 XP-G R5 that replaced it (which was basically the same light) reported 70 lumens and 40 mins runtime. That seems pretty consistent with my A3 XP-G's performance, and a lot more believable.

The new i3 XP-G2 has a spec of 80 lumens for 35 mins, which is a believable bump for a XP-G2, based on the i3 specs. I would have to test one in my lightbox to see how it compares ...
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

bump! can the new olight i3s take 10440 cells?

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill1109 View Post
    i got it, i put 10440s in it and its BRIGHT as hell, seems about the same as my s10 with a 16340 on high, its gets crazy hot in seconds and i always have this image that its gona blow my hand off like a grande any second but..... u know..

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill1109 View Post
    -deleted- (Sorry. My Bad. I thought the question was about the iTP light.)
    Last edited by Rosoku Chikara; 01-14-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by selfbuilt View Post
    I haven't tested the new i3 with XP-G2, so I don't know how it compares in my lightbox.

It the example you cited, I estimated my ITP EOS A3 XP-G R5 had 78 lumens, and showed it ran for 1 hour on Eneloop. But ANSI standard is time to 10% on the supplied battery. That usually means alkaline (when no battery supplied) ... and that would be 37 mins from the runtime on my sample. It seems clear to me that the specs for the A3 XP-G R5 ("96 lumens") were inflated, as the Olight i3 XP-G R5 that replaced it (which was basically the same light) reported 70 lumens and 40 mins runtime. That seems pretty consistent with my A3 XP-G's performance, and a lot more believable.

The new i3 XP-G2 has a spec of 80 lumens for 35 mins, which is a believable bump for a XP-G2, based on the i3 specs. I would have to test one in my lightbox to see how it compares ...

Ah ha! Eneloops vs alkaline not very fair. Thanks for clearing that up.