SureFire 2013 New Products video - all-new announcements

jellydonut

Enlightened

Plenty of brand-new announcements in here -- too many to list!

Interested in the 'omni switch' particulars.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for posting this! the opening to the video is real dramatic lol

edit: what song/piece is that playing to the video?? I tried SoundHound on my phone and it couldn't identify it

Last edited:

dougie

Enlightened
Now we all know that Surefire has a bad habit of showing things that never materialise. However, as I'm an optimist I'm betting quite a few of those lights make it out the door to retailers. I'm particularly pleased that my faith in Surefire has been warranted by these proposed releases. At long last Surefire appears to be catching up to the idea that higher lumens are what people want and that better aesthetics plays a part in making their lights more desirable. If the specs are anything to go by then I'll be making a new shopping list this year! :)

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still waiting on the LX2 Ultra...

I hope that Surefire will at least bump the output a little as a compensation for making me wait this long.

C'mon, Surefire, let's see a 700 lumen LX2 Ultra!

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Oh the P2X Fury is a bona fide weaponlight now... Wonder if they added a spring on the other battery contact point :thinking:

Xacto

Enlightened
Oh the P2X Fury is a bona fide weaponlight now... Wonder if they added a spring on the other battery contact point :thinking:

a) I hope that too (spring to the battery contact)
b) I hope they do not name it exclusively as a weapons light - because in that case, it can not be sold to civilians in germany. And a spring is what I miss in the 6PX/G2X and the Fury lights.

Cheers
Thorsten

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
That's too bad you can't enjoy 'weapon' lights where you're at, Thorsten. Speaking of which, what's the point of the X300 with the pocket clip, does that actually fill a niche or something :thinking:

Nice additional variety in any case; exciting times for flashaholics.

Viper715

Enlightened
Reference the spring clip on x300. Just a guess but many officers don't have holsters that would accommodate a light on the weapon and this would low you to clip the light on the belt and deploy it when needed. Again just a guess.

Xacto

Enlightened
[...]Speaking of which, what's the point of the X300 with the pocket clip, does that actually fill a niche or something :thinking:

I wondered that myself too.

Reference the spring clip on x300. Just a guess but many officers don't have holsters that would accommodate a light on the weapon and this would low you to clip the light on the belt and deploy it when needed. Again just a guess.

Sounds reasonable and could work although I would think it would be more practicable to develop a dedicated holster with a full loop rather than just a clip. But I am pretty sure that the answer is just around the (dark) corner.

Cheers
Thorsten
(time to unpack the third E2DL I recieved)

mega_lumens

Enlightened
That's too bad you can't enjoy 'weapon' lights where you're at, Thorsten. Speaking of which, what's the point of the X300 with the pocket clip, does that actually fill a niche or something :thinking:

Nice additional variety in any case; exciting times for flashaholics.

That would be a logical answer if it were the case. But two questions came to mind:1) how practical is it in real world use to remove a clip from the weapon light in order to mounted it on to a pistol rail?(time consuming for LE use.)
2) If you look at the promo video closely, the Y300 Ultra is in the category of flashlights and right after it the banner of "weaponlights" is presented, which makes me believe it was not designed to be used as a weapon-light.

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
That would be a logical answer if it were the case. But two questions came to mind:1) how practical is it in real world use to remove a clip from the weapon light in order to mounted it on to a pistol rail?(time consuming for LE use.)
2) If you look at the promo video closely, the Y300 Ultra is in the category of flashlights and right after it the banner of "weaponlights" is presented, which makes me believe it was not designed to be used as a weapon-light.

Seeing as the UI looks identical to the X300, manipulation must be awkward and perhaps require both hands? Saids it's dual output too.

AF9C80E2-D52F-469C-BFA3-73716966C0FB-16748-00000F4C5E0A00BD.jpg

Last edited:

Viper715

Enlightened
Seeing as the UI looks identical to the X300, manipulation must be awkward and perhaps require both hands? Saids it's dual output too.

AF9C80E2-D52F-469C-BFA3-73716966C0FB-16748-00000F4C5E0A00BD.jpg

I hadn't look closely enough. I thought the clip was recessed and the rails still exposed. My bad it definitely downs look like it is for weapon mount in that configuration.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the video, the Y300 is categorized under "handheld", so it's just that; not a weapon-mountable light.

Someone at Surefire probably thought that the side-by-side battery configuration of X300 Ultra made it unique and seemingly compact, so they probably went, "If we put a pocket-clip on this, we will see PROFIT!" And, poof, Y300 happens.

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
In the video, the Y300 is categorized under "handheld", so it's just that; not a weapon-mountable light.Someone at Surefire probably thought that the side-by-side battery configuration of X300 Ultra made it unique and seemingly compact, so they probably went, "If we put a pocket-clip on this, we will see PROFIT!" And, poof, Y300 happens.

Hmm sounds plausible. Perhaps alcohol played a factor.

Or they could've just sold separately a pocket clip adapter for the X300U.