E series clickie and KL4

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking around the web to buy a clickie tailcap and KL4 head for my E2O, and it looks like the tailcaps are around $35 and the heads are all over $90. I can buy the whole L4 for $120. Am I missing something here, are there better prices than I've found on the separate parts.

Darell

Flashaholic
You'll typically do better by buying the whole thing, and using the parts you want. Ever priced a car out by the parts? Same problem on a bigger scale, I'm afraid.

Drjones

Enlightened
http://www.1sks.com/store/sure-fire-accessories.html

Z57 is all the way at the bottom, $30 + Shipping.

It's almost always more expensive to part together something than to buy it whole. If it weren't, there would be no point in manufacturers selling whole, finished products.

You'd probably be better off just buying the whole L4. You can find some great deals in the B/S/T forum here, probably closer to $110 or $100.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stingray, you'd be better off buying the whole L4 and selling what you don't need. It's what I do and is the only way that I can afford to sell modded KL4's for what I do.

If you decide to sell the body and/or clickie the going rate seems to have been $30 for the body and about $25 for the clickie. Those prices usually include shipping and are lower than what you would pay retail so it's a pretty good deal all the way around.