Anti Roll for the Nitecore EA4!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted a photo of this on another thread, but since that thread is mainly about a review of the EA4, I thought I would create a separate one. I have an old Streamlight Stinger that sees little use these days, and it came with a rubber piece that went over the front of the light to keep it from rolling. The diameter of the front of both the Stinger and the EA4 are almost the same, so I took this rubber piece off of the Stinger, and put it on my new EA4! It fits perfect and just involves a little stretching. I also noticed this eve that one end of this piece has a lip that overlaps the front of the EA4 a bit, prividing some protection over the bezel front! You can see it clearly in these photos:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Today I received my third EA4, a neutral white version, and I looked in the box for my Stinger and I had another one!! :twothumbs I think this makes the light look cooler, has a bit of functionality, and gives the light maybe just a little shock protection!

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
3rd? Wow! That's a lot of AA lights! hehe :) Got lots of AA cells lying around huh?

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
3rd? Wow! That's a lot of AA lights! hehe :) Got lots of AA cells lying around huh?

That I do! I love AA lights. I have lights that use anywhere from 1 to 9 of them at a time! Will pick up NIMH cells whenever I see them on sale or closeout. I will need 4 more of them since I have a Sunwayman M40A on its way to me!! I think the EA4 is currently the best bang for a buck light you can buy at the moment. I think three of them is enough, however!! :nana:

dougie

Enlightened
Mike, the anti roll rubber you found is brilliant. Shame that I don't have a Streamlight Stinger spare...lol. It's also sad that in the UK Streamlight don't appear to have a spares facility. Even finding their lights is difficult these days.. :(

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I just don't get it. I laid my EA4 on the ground and watched it for 20 minutes. It didn't roll away. It didn't even try.

FoxyRick

Newly Enlightened
It didn't roll away. It didn't even try.

They never do when you're watching them, even when you try to trick them by looking out of the corner of your eye.

Anyway, I like the rubber end as much for the little bit of protection it gives to the flashlight as the antiroll feature.

Last night I was unhooking the battery charger from my car, and I used the EA4 to see what I was doing. I could have done with that rubber end so that I wouldn't scratch my new light by resting it on some metal bits in the engine bay where it would certainly have rocked, if not rolled. I don't mind scratches when I've had it a while, but not within a week or so.

Instead, I found out that my mouth is EA4 compatible!

Gauntlet3D

Newly Enlightened
Mikekoz,

Could you take a photo a little farther away from the side. Its hard to tell what the whole thing will look like. Great idea though. Thanks.

Verndog

Enlightened
Few surfaces are perfectly level, though.

It doesn't really matter with this light anyway. There is enough of a rise on the mode button to prevent the EA4 from rolling past it.

That said I still like the idea for bezel protection anyway...thank you for the link.

Last edited:

uzimy

Newly Enlightened
Today I received my third EA4, a neutral white version, and I looked in the box for my Stinger and I had another one!! :twothumbs I think this makes the light look cooler, has a bit of functionality, and gives the light maybe just a little shock protection!

Yeap, might need the shock protection and anti roll feature. Read from Chinese forum, EA4 Lens shattered after his light dropped from desk height. Suppose it rolls because he places it lie down. :caution:

My EA4 is on the way, will consider such mod also.

Slazmo

Enlightened
I can find them on anumber of sites - however the postage is way more than the cost of the anti roll head... God I hate it when postage costs more than the product!

Rexlion

Enlightened
If a person set a light like this down on its side on a bedstand and then bumped it during the night, heck yeah it could roll off.

Looks like this anti-roll ring should also fit the new, soon-to-be-released 3AA Eagletac GX25A3. Its head is supposed to be 38.5mm. Thanks for posting about this ring!