I don't need anything

marcham

Newly Enlightened
So last spring I grew tired of my 3c mag lite with led mod. So I got a Fenix LD10. Great edc, it's always with me and I probably only went through 2 or 3 2000mah nimhs during 30 nights of camping.

But then I realized a little more light would be great and wanted to stick with my large inventory of LSD and I already had a few accessories for my ld10 so I asked for and got a Fenix LD22 for x-mas.

Great! Now I thought I was covered for every occasion (including my inventory of multiple aaa headlamps, mini mag lights, etc...) but I fear I somehow am looking for more...

I seem to be looking at 18650 lipos and the Fenix pd32 t6 on a daily basis.

Someone please convince me I don't need to spend $130 on a light, charger and pair of batteries!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Inline6Silvia

Newly Enlightened
Here's how this is going to go down. We tell you "hey man you don't need to spend $130 on a light, charger and pair of batteries!" and then you know what happens? You disregard what we say and go out and spend $130 on a light, charger and pair of batteries. And we can't even hate you for it because we do the same.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Zebralight SC52, that'll get you 280 lumens from one of the LSD cells you have now, and with much better low modes. And this is a good time to not buy an 18650 light, because the new Zebralight SC600 will be out in a few days, which nudges the 900 lumen mark in a light slightly smaller than the Fenix..

chenko

Enlightened
My advice is to stick with flashlights to fulfill different roles that can all be fueled with the kind of batteries you already have as long as you can.
There's plenty of brilliant lights in 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8x AA format that will cover all your needs. Not to mention the AAA for the times you want to go ultra-light.

mr_matt

Newly Enlightened
Don't do it! Buying an 18650 battery and charger is only a gateway!
I thought I could get away with only a Nitecore MT2C but now I find I want a nice thrower, and a 14500 compatible light, and now that other one is on sale too... all before my charger even comes in the mail!

Lumenz

Enlightened
I don't think I am actually helping you resist the temptation, but I have gotten rid of my 18650 flashlights and now I have six AW 2600mAh 18650's (less than 3 months old) and an UltraFire WF-139 charger that I no longer need. So if you want them, PM me your address and I will send them to you.