Fitorch        

Thread: Klarus xt2c xt11 and fenix pd32ue advice please

Default Klarus xt2c xt11 and fenix pd32ue advice please

Hello all, I'm still new to flashlights so any help would be good help

I'm still having fun trying to decide which light to buy, it will be my first 18650 powered light. I've considered the zebra sc600, but seems to be out of stock here in the uk in most outlets. I'm tempted with the fenix pd32ue and the klarus xt2c......possibly the klarus xt11. All will do what I need, but if anybody has any experience of owning two of the above to give me their opinions/ preferences It would be appreciated. Just also wondering how noticeable is the whine on the klarus?

Thanks

Default Re: Klarus xt2c xt11 and fenix pd32ue advice please

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip bush View Post
    Hello all, I'm still new to flashlights so any help would be good help

I'm still having fun trying to decide which light to buy, it will be my first 18650 powered light. I've considered the zebra sc600, but seems to be out of stock here in the uk in most outlets. I'm tempted with the fenix pd32ue and the klarus xt2c......possibly the klarus xt11. All will do what I need, but if anybody has any experience of owning two of the above to give me their opinions/ preferences It would be appreciated. Just also wondering how noticeable is the whine on the klarus?

Thanks

Have a look at the Nitecore EC25(a wow light) and get a buying code for the UK supplier so you get your discount.My regular UK supplier expects the sc600 in 7 to 10 days.
    Diagnosed with Grumpy Old Man Syndrome

Thanks McNair, do you mind me asking who supplies you and is it the sc600 or version 2 of this.......if this is not allowed can you pm me the details,,thanks, I have been tempted with the night core, because my other light fenix tk41 also runs on AA's, but I was considering something a tad skinnier, although I could still be tempted with it.

just realised you said ec25........I was thinking ea4..... I'll check it out.
    Last edited by Tulip bush; 01-15-2013 at 01:54 PM.

I have the PD32UE and the XT2C. I like both very much. The Fenix give more than enough light on high-turbo and burst mode, but it's a NW light. So it won't light up things at a distance. The XT2C I use as personal-defence light. What I like so much on the Klarus
    is that it has strobe on demand. Even when the light is turned off, I can quickly access strobe. Don't know the ANSI numbers of the XT2C. I do think the PD32UE will beat the XT2C in throw when using burst-mode.
    XT2C always comes on in high. Handy when you use it as defence-light. Low-mode on both lights I like.
    It's just what the day (could) bring(s)- when I choose which light I take with me.

you'll have gone real wrong if you ended up NOT buying the PD32UE.
    amazing flashlight...see youtube for the clips.

thanks.
    Zebralight SC600 MkIV, SC52w.

Flashaholic*

The XT11 is in a bigger size class. You'd only go that way if you wanted to deal with a bigger light.

Of the other two:
    - Get the Klarus if you want a UI completely optimized for defense, but which is usable for EDC also. Klarus gives you maybe the best tactical UI in the world, at the expense of always starting on high and clicking down to the lower modes, and then not having momentary on the lower modes.

- Obviously, the Fenix is the opposite. Great UI for EDC, it has mode memory so you can have momentary on any mode, and start up in the last mode used. Usable for a defensive light, provided you remember to switch the light back to high first.

The Fenix also has a higher output on burst, and longer runtime on low, neither of which are game-changers for me, but may be for you.

BTW, in this class of light, I ended up with the Thrunite TN12 for my EDC-focused light: it has the same UI but implemented with head twists instead of a head-mounted button. But the TN12 also has a moonlight mode, which I wanted. In retrospect, I'm not sure if I love twisting the head, so I might have chosen the Fenix for this role. I stick with the Klarus XT series for any light which has primarily a tactical/defense role -- I believe the XT series is the hands-down winner for this role
    Last edited by Joe Talmadge; 01-15-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Wow, thank you all for taking the time to reply...really appreciate it.

There's so many cool lights out there.....I can see how people end up with so many lights, you can spend hours reading the posts and looking at reviews/ youtube clips.

looks like if I want to to go down the tactical route get the xt......, bit more thinking to do

i have the xt11, its a great light, can also run on 2x rcr123 li-ion 3.7v, incredibly bright ^^ Above 800lumen. I like the fact that you can buy a diffuser LENS for indoor use!
    edit: lens
    Last edited by Globi23; 01-15-2013 at 04:44 PM.

PD32UE has diffuser too. great light, really. best fenix so far.

I meant a diffuser lens sry

The ultimate edition of the fenix must be great yes!

thanks, it is. that is why I sold my normal PD32.
    pretty creamy light this PDUE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Globi23 View Post
    I meant a diffuser lens sry

The ultimate edition of the fenix must be great yes!

Quote Originally Posted by neutralwhite View Post
    you'll have gone real wrong if you ended up NOT buying the PD32UE.
    amazing flashlight...see youtube for the clips.

thanks.
    Neutralwhite loves to post about the PD32UE (take a look at their sig line) but their posts are contradictory and often indicate an underlying desire for something better which leads me to believe that it really isn't that good, rather they just don't have experience in the contrary.
    A thread was made and I gave solid reasons as to why try a Zebralight - a typical "why zebralight sucks" response was made and the thread derailed. You can obviously see which decision they made.

Just like Surefire and LED Lenser threads, most Zebralight threads contain anecdotes generally from non-users pertaining to why they are so crap.

Guess what? I used to be on that wagon!
    After my first Zebralight I have never looked at another brand the same.

Nowhere else will you find the output, efficiency and size coupled with such a stand-out user interface.

I have owned several Fenix, 4sevens, and even LED lenser lights - none compare to my Zebralights! I can pretty much replace 2 or 3 lights with ONE SC600.

The MKII will be out soon and it will be immensely popular!
    There is a reason you will NEVER see a current (or even 2 year old) Zebralight that is discounted. People who own them know what they are worth. People who don't have no idea what they are missing.
    Low mode on Fenix *anything* is a complete and utter joke - try waking up at 3am and using low hahahaha anyone that tells you it doesn't hurt their eyes has fu*ked eyes! I'm 26 so you aren't listening to some grandpa with overly sensitive eyes either.

If all I said wasn't enough then perhaps the review from CPF's most respected reviewer will be: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...isons-amp-more!

Thanks all....interesting read ledburn.......I am really tempted with the new zebralight sc600 ....I've just got to sit tight and be patient and wait for them to release it.....I need to look into the different tints they do as this is something I haven't really got a clue about. I did think about the s52 for a bit, but I think the sc600 would cover all bases.

tulip bush

hello & thanks LEDburn, yes, I agree, your pretty right there, the thing is, I have never had a warm flashlight. the last time I held a warm light must of been too many years ago, as a kid. i loved the warmth, and now, wouldn't mind trying even buying one just for the nostalgic feeling of having one again.all in all though the PD32UE is really good, its just that my heart really is on something warmer, just so I could be a kid again!,...lol.
    would keep both. all i know is that the PD32UE is way better than CW PD32.
    warmer is just a nostalgic thing, really.

thanks lots.
    Quote Originally Posted by LEDburn View Post
    Neutralwhite loves to post about the PD32UE (take a look at their sig line) but their posts are contradictory and often indicate an underlying desire for something better which leads me to believe that it really isn't that good, rather they just don't have experience in the contrary.
    A thread was made and I gave solid reasons as to why try a Zebralight - a typical "why zebralight sucks" response was made and the thread derailed. You can obviously see which decision they made.

Just like Surefire and LED Lenser threads, most Zebralight threads contain anecdotes generally from non-users pertaining to why they are so crap.

Guess what? I used to be on that wagon!
    After my first Zebralight I have never looked at another brand the same.

Nowhere else will you find the output, efficiency and size coupled with such a stand-out user interface.

I have owned several Fenix, 4sevens, and even LED lenser lights - none compare to my Zebralights! I can pretty much replace 2 or 3 lights with ONE SC600.

The MKII will be out soon and it will be immensely popular!
    There is a reason you will NEVER see a current (or even 2 year old) Zebralight that is discounted. People who own them know what they are worth. People who don't have no idea what they are missing.
    Low mode on Fenix *anything* is a complete and utter joke - try waking up at 3am and using low hahahaha anyone that tells you it doesn't hurt their eyes has fu*ked eyes! I'm 26 so you aren't listening to some grandpa with overly sensitive eyes either.

If all I said wasn't enough then perhaps the review from CPF's most respected reviewer will be: www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?320986-Zebralight-SC600-(1x18650-XM-L)-Review-RUNTIME-BEAMSHOTS-comparisons-amp-more!

It's all good fun and games

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by LEDburn View Post
    Me! Though I'm not 26 but I ain't a grampa either and guess what? I use my Fenix PD31 Low in the middle of the night 7 days a week and never, ever got blinded. My eyes are just fine too.
    Obviously if you can't hold a flashlight correctly, then you definitely need a sub-lumen mode, actually you might be better off installing some floor emergency lighting from your bedside all the way your bathroom!