Ordinary....or not?

Maxbelg

Enlightened
I like the idea of flashlights that look standard but aren't. Here's a pic of some of mine:
fotowvq.jpg

From left to right:
1 2D Maglite with Malkoff drop-in, modded by me with a Nichia 219 high CRI LED
2 Surefire Kroma with blue LEDs modded to white LEDs and a central Nichia 219 high CRI LED.
3 Surefire 6P bored by Oveready (HA) with Torchlab H3N L/M/H Nichia 219 triple and McClicky
4 Surefire E2E standard except for the Lumens Factory IMR-E2 350 lumen bulb
5 Surefire Backup with VME head and Malkoff M60W drop in with a two-stage McE2S switch!
6 McGizmo Sapphire but this one is a Nichia 083 High CRI Mule!
80938810.jpg

Please post pics of your wolves in sheep-clothes!!!

argleargle

Enlightened
Lumens Factory IMR = kills the runtime. You can't run the bulb for more than a few minutes at a time anyway.

Thank you for the honest input. A bit of dream-shattering, but that's ok. Guess I'll just stick to the sf-approved high output lamp. :(

I do love that output and tint from the factory bulb, though.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It's a Surefire though, so your options are endless for whatever upgrade you have in mind. Lumens Factory also makes a complete LED E head assembly so you can instantly upgrade to a polished LED conversion. There's also an E to C adapter which gives you the option of installing a P60 head, and then the sky's the limit - anything P60 now fits your E..

argleargle

Enlightened
I have two Streamlight Microstream AAAx1 lights, one old and one new. Both are the fixed head version so no Maratac lego for me. :(

The reason I mention it is that the one I got a few months ago powers on with 3.7v lion AAA, whilst the old one does nothing when I hit the power button. I don't have a lux meter, light box, etc but that little thing is a FEROCIOUS tiny little spot with a 3.7v in it versus a 1.2v nimh. I can clearly see it's beam over the other one when also shining my supposed 500 lumen JetBeam PC-10 RCR123x1 at a white door 30 yards away. I call it my "hideaway tactical thrower." It is very definitely a "sleeper," a "concealed lumen device." No idea on runtime, I just flash it occasionally for a couple seconds. The head heats up noticably almost instantly. They're cheapish and very widely available, so I don't care much if I fry it.

...and yeah, there's brighter AAAx1 options out there.
StarHalo: Yeah, just got my E to C adapter with my Oveready yesterday. Thanks for mentioning it though, someone here might not of heard of it yet. My next light head is going to be a P60 type with a big old cren bezel because I like them. Sky's the limit, yep! :) I've only got one stock incan bulb left anyway after this morning's instaflash.

Last edited: