Streamlight Vulcan questions

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these any good?

How do they compare to the SL Litebox?

The specs say it will run at 3W for 9 hours and 8W for 3.1 hours. Does this mean both lamps come with it? Or is it one lamp (8W) with a "dimmer" that dims to 3w?

Am I correct in my understanding that the lamps must be purchased as either spot or flood & that the light itself cannot "adjust" the beam?

Is the dual filament lamp (6 Watts) just in case the first filament fails? Do they both (filaments) run at the same time, so if one fails you are now at 3 watts?

Does anyone have one of these and if you would you recommend it?

It seems like a really good power failure light with unbelieveable run time.

Woody

Newly Enlightened
Sean,
I have the Vulcan . It is a well made light and I am pleased with it overall. The beam is non-adjustable and only one reflector is available as far as I know. It is a spot, and there is no dimmer.

The light I have came with a 8 watt bi-pin halogen lamp and it is available with a dual filament 6 watt lamp. The dual filament lamp is simply a back-up in case one filament burns out.

My owners manual and Streamlights website are contradictory. My manual and Brightguys website do not make mention of any 3 watt lamp, and my manual makes no mention of a 8 watt lamp either. Strange since it came with the 8 watt lamp, and Streamlights website makes no mention of a 6 watt
lamp which is listed in my manual as the only available bulb.

My light has the 2 position switch that will turn the lamp on when switched in either direction, however you cannot put the dual filament bulb in it because it does not have but 2 wires going to the lamp socket.

You must decide if you want the single or dual filament when ordering or be willing to try to make a modification. It's appears to me that you could possibly get the dual filament light and then install the 8 watt lamp if you want, because the lamp socket in mine has 3 holes for a bulb to plug in , but only has the 2 wires going to it.

Hope this helps, and that I did not confuse you.

Good Luck

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info.
icon14.gif

Anyone else use a Streamlight Vulcan?