Eagle tac mx25l2 ???

Baldbaker

Newly Enlightened
Hey everybody, I've got a few questions regarding the mx25l2. I recently had a car fire and lost everything. I had a jet beam m1x and an eagle tac g25c2 (the older version) in my car. I'll be getting the newer version of the g25c2 as my edc. I'm now trying to figure out what throw monster to get. The jet beam website doesn't seem to be like the old one. It doesn't even look like its theirs anymore I could be wrong. I love the ui of the eagle tac lights. I see the mx25l2 has been out for a little bit and I'm surprised there aren't many reviews for it. I noticed there are two types available. One with the sst-90 and one with the sbt-90. I read the the sbt-90 is 45% less lumens but throws farther. I'm wondering if you guys can share your thoughts on that? I'm assuming either one will be better than the jetbeam m1x I had. I'm not too sure how I feel about a rechargeable light, I've just got into the whole 18650 world. Thanks in advance guys.

MIKES250R

Enlightened
I can not find any reviews for this torch either. This looks to be a promising light but the price may scare some away , $300 plus is a bit steep. It also does not come with a charging cable,that is extra. The battery pack appears to be two 26500s shrink wrapped together. So I wonder if the light would run on two 26500s of your choice? I have always been impressed with Eagletacs quality. You usually get what you pay for. If you have the money I say go for it.

smw1138

Newly Enlightened
I had a "what the heck" moment last month and bought one despite the lack of reviews. I have the SST90 version.

It's a great light and meets my requirements perfectly, namely:

1) rechargeable from mains or in the car
2) battey indicator so no nasty surprises
3) good throw with broad hotspot and useful spill
4) side clicky
5) easy lock-out with a small twist of the tailcap
6) BRIGHT!

The great build quality and styling is a bonus.