• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Brass Firefly Auction

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
For Auction - BRASS FIREFLY!!!

Ok, here it is...only a few were made, and they were sold very quickly. I bought a total of 4 Firefly flashlights, and this is certainly the nicest one. Since I forsee it sitting around in a drawer rather than being used, I am going to auction it for a dual purpose, one is to raise money for CPF, and the other is to give Doug Speck a little bonus for all of his hard work.

I have not told Doug about this plan, so hopefully this auction will turn out to be a nice surprise for him. I am giving 20% of the proceeds to Doug, 20% to CPF, and keeping 60% for myself. This light is in EXCELLENT condition, as the pictures below illustrate, and is very bright, as you can see in the beamshot comparison with the LSH-P. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post here or PM me. I will monitor this thread and attempt to answer any questions.

This auction starts NOW, and ends at 9:30 p.m. Central Time on Sunday, November 16th.

Winning bid will include all shipping and PayPal charges. I will send my PP address to the winner, and I will be responsible for shipping the flashlight and paying CPF and Doug their portion of the proceeds.

I tried to get pictures of all sides of the FF. There is a scuff mark on the side of the light where the split ring rubbed against the light during shipping, but I think that it could easily be buffed out, especially by a little bit of pocket-carry. There is also a comparision shot with an Arc LSH-P, and a 5 ft. beam comparison shot with the same light, Arc on the Left, FF on the right. Click on any of the images to enlarge.

Arc LSH-P vs. BrassFF:

5 ft beamshot comparison Arc LSH-P left, Brass FF right:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, guys...

Just so we get this up where it belongs.

$200.00

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
Yes, it has the stock Q3/MM+. Doug said that he was going to hand-pick these for brightness and whiteness, and it is both. There is a bit of a blue-purple tint to the middle of the beam, very typical of LD Q3s in my experience.

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow that's nice looking. How much does it weigh compared to a normal FF?

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
It weighs a little bit more. 2.3 vs. 1.6 oz with battery I think, but I will check again tomorrow.

Greta

Flashaholic
<center><font face="Papyrus" color="red" size=6>This auction ends tonight at 9:30PM CST!!

The current high bid is $250 by Catdaddy!</font></center>

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey guys,
sorry to seem so stupid but where can i find info on Fireflys?
my search of CPF hasn't helped much. i find mention periodically but no links or photos. in fact, this posting is the first time i've seem any photo of one and i've been keeping a lookout of one for weeks...
are the aluminum models readily available? what sort of price range? what's their website e-ddress?
many thanx for any help

Kiessling

Flashaholic
the FF is a custom-made light by DSpeck according to a design by tvodrd, produced in one single run just recently, they're all sold out IMHO. price was about $120 for a aluminium one with black HA3, only very few brass ones were ever produced, so this model is very rare.
look at B/S/T, there is a huge thread going on with every detail you'd ever want, if you have the patience to read it.
my opinion: great little light, quite brighter than an Arc, smaller than the Arc albeit a tad longer than the clicky arc, uses turned-down NX05, runtime about 75 minutes (Roy has done a runtime graph in the reviews forum), watertight. Uses one CR123 and a MadMax/Q3 sandwich, but I am too confused to tell ya exactly which madmax, although I know there is some overdrive going on. It is my new EDC, and that says a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard