No love for the Jetbeam Digital Display DDA/DDC series

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they look awful but Jetbeam produces great build quality flashlights. Anyone who loves his/her DDA or DDC light? Please share, it's probably the least bought and most underrated premium flashlight series Made In China! :huh:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is it with all these "love" posts!!?? Wait....wasn't that a TV series? Love Post???? :laughing::crackup: Kidding aside, I think they are good looking lights. Kind of different looking! I have been thinking about getting a Jetbeam now for some time!

Last edited:

Beckler

Enlightened
It's just the size of the 'control panel' that makes the smaller lights look odd. The big DDR30 looks really good IMO. But more importantly, they represent at least some innovation in the UI.

bonhomme

Newly Enlightened
I carry the RRT0 R2 for some years now and i like the throw.
I orderd a DDC 10 to replace it BUT: dont like it always starts on high (rrt0 i twist the ring BEFORE i turn the light on so it starts in MY prefferd setting)
Light is always in my pocket: very sensitive push button (rrt0 never turnt on in my pocket)
Totaly no throw 2800lux on my meter (4500lux is written on the box) my rrt0 R2 is 8000lux (dedomed)
Dont like it!
Greetings Marc

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
And i think that they are not well received in the community.

Last edited:

argleargle

Enlightened
I hate you Jetbeam Digital Display DDA/DDC series lights. I hate you all!

Heh! I felt the same way when I saw them. Literally, my first thoughts were "WTH is this?? :sick2:"

I've never held one, nor used one. I might like them if I did. I'm reserving judgement until I get to play with one. They might be just the thing. It's just like that time I said, "a multi-mode light? why would you want that?" :)

Sent from my internets using a real mechanical Cherry switch keyboard.

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
And i think that they are not well received in the community.

If you are correct,someone may put one up for sale in the market place for knock down $$,I also find the Nitecore EA range a little odd and geeky as well but would like to try either.

domx

Newly Enlightened
At first I also thought WTF is that Digital display and why would anyone want such a thing? Looks tacky. But, after having one for some time, I now love it. It is very useful, I easily know what power I'm using and if going out or away I know how many spare batteries to take. So it is useful and very innovative. Would I rather have more, longer lasting, power than LED display? Absolutely. However, the power used by the LED is negligible. I no longer think it's tacky as they are well made and perform a job well.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The display looks tacky and I don't like side switches.
If they had put a infinite-adjustment undetented control ring on it like the RRT-01, it would be much better.

argleargle

Enlightened
At first I also thought WTF is that Digital display and why would anyone want such a thing? Looks tacky. But, after having one for some time, I now love it. It is very useful, I easily know what power I'm using and if going out or away I know how many spare batteries to take. So it is useful and very innovative. Would I rather have more, longer lasting, power than LED display? Absolutely. However, the power used by the LED is negligible. I no longer think it's tacky as they are well made and perform a job well.

Can you use the light from the digital display as a moonlight? :)

domx

Newly Enlightened
I do agree with twl. There are improvements that can be made to the DDR30. I'd also like more levels and would prefer infinite brightness levels. For its brightness and size it is still awesome :)
Argleargle, I wish ;-) lol

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a DDC10 and what I really dislike much more than the shape (at the end of the day one uses it in the dark .... :p) is the fact that in order to switch it on you need to keep the button pressed for 2 or 3 seconds which is the contrary of most other lights. When I use this one I keep on flashing without getting a steady beam. :rolleyes:

argleargle

Enlightened
I would buy the color touch andriod JetBeam before I bought a flashlight running Windows RT/8 mobile or whatever they're calling it this week. Anyway, *REAL* flashlights run linux! You just edit /etc to program your output levels and you can even recompile your own new version of your emitter driver! :duh2:

...just imagine! Posting to CPF from your flashlight! You know you want it. :)

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see the real utility in having a screen. After all, it's a flashlight, not a cell phone... Maybe a really smaller display could have been interesting but still not really useful...