Street Bike (motorcycle)... what brand?

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking at getting a new street bike and was wonder what experience people have had with some of the major brands. So far what I've looked at is Honda, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. I like the Kawasaki Ninja, and am thinking of getting a used one. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

-Mike

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the new 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1. The pipes are run up under the seat...kinda like a Ducati 999.

bigcozy

Enlightened
Any Japanese bike is nearly bullet proof. I wrenched on about everything on two wheels in the last 15-20 years, and rice burners are by far the most dependable thing on the road. The newer Triumph bikes are also very good and very well made. The Italian bikes are well made, but require a lot of time and effort and don't have a very good dealer network right now. Buell still has some kinks to work out, good bikes, but still a little rough around the edges sometimes. HD, don't get me started. BMW make great bikes, but are high and not many dealers around.

Depending on the style bike you want, you can probably find it fairly close and have a dealer network behind it for repairs and parts. You may change your mind in terms of type of bike you want, but you won't regret any japanese bike in terms of dependability.

Skyline

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tiktok 22 said:
I like the new 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1. The pipes are run up under the seat...kinda like a Ducati 999.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drool.

04R1_BLU_1_1734.jpg

04R1_SLV_1_1734.jpg

04R1_red_1_1734.jpg

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
dayum...

i really want a motorcycle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
dayum...

i really want a motorcycle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
me to i miss mine and mine was like very very old a 1970 cb 750 but i had a blast with it.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
now you must choose, do you want this motercycle or pk's light up for auction? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

they'd make one hell of a combo though...