Fenix Flashlights Lawsuit?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
While browsing RFC Express for updates on the ongoing surefire lawsuits I noticed a new one..

http://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuits/...-darden-partnership-and-powertac-llc/summary/

FENIX FLASHLIGHTS, LLC v. JIAN LI, BORENCIO DARDEN, JIAN LI AND BORENCIO DARDEN PARTNERSHIP and POWERTAC, LLC

I was unable to find more information without paying and I'm wondering if anyone else had access to court data to shed some light on this situation?

I know Surefire was suing Jian Li and Powertac llc, so what's going on with Fenix Flashlights llc?

This is also strange because Fenix was named in the surefire lawsuit: Casual Home Worldwide, Inc. d/b/a FenixGear.com and Fenixlight Limited ("Fenixlight, Ltd.") in China.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Borencio Darden is the CEO or VIP of powertac. The suit appears to be a breach of contract possibly between Fenix and Powertac. Not sure whom JIAN LI is.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll just go ahead and clarify this POWERTAC, LLC, JIAN LI, BORENCIO DARDEN, JIAN LI AND BORENCIO DARDEN PARTNERSHIP lawsuit.

It's all publically available anyways but I'll summarize.

Jian/Powertac/Tacbeam/Borencio owes Olight approximately $160,000 and refuses to pay. Olight assigned the debt to Fenix Flashlights, LLC (one of my companies) to pursue this debt.

Basically Olight shipped $160,000 worth of product to Jian/Powertac/Borencio late 2011 by ocean. Jian asked for a special waiver to not pay the bill until the products arrived.
Meanwhile beginning 2012 Jian/Powertac/Borencio started their own brand - in fact this was started months ago, in breach of their Olight distributorship contract.

Basically they used the $160,000 they stole from Olight to start their company. Actually the net revenue is probably double that because they sold Olight product at retail and wholesale and not at cost.
So they made out with a third to a half a million dollars from stealing from Olight.

Fenix acquired that debt and filed suit to claim the unpaid debt. simple right? It's been two years already. They still refused to pay the debt.

Anyway - I can write a book on this. There is no limit to the deceptive craft that has been going on.
All I can say is justice will be served. It's not a matter of if but of when.

:)

-David

Last edited:

Esko

Enlightened
Yeah, Thanks for the info. :(

If that book is written one day (not just about this case but all the other cases as well), I would certainly be interested in it.