I will never again feel a shred of embarrassment about any of my unusual hobbies.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see if the day a flashaholic has to say 'no' to a house because there is not enough space to put them in ever comes...

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Wonder how many breaks he took while doing it??

Maybe he didn't take any breaks at all.

If people come over and use his train and have to take a bathroom break, where do they go??

....break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar

Norm

Retired Administrator
...break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar

8392731299_2473c75e79.jpg

jellydonut

Enlightened
I could perhaps, perhaps understand if it was a nice, old train or a historical train..

..but why would you build a modern commuter car, in your basement? Why?

fyrstormer

Banned
+

Wonder how many breaks he took while doing it??

Maybe he didn't take any breaks at all.

If people come over and use his train and have to take a bathroom break, where do they go??

....break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar
If you would like me to avoid sharing things which I think the forum might find interesting, please just say so. :ironic:

I could perhaps, perhaps understand if it was a nice, old train or a historical train..

..but why would you build a modern commuter car, in your basement? Why?

Because it's cool, and that's what you loves.

That is awesome!

+1. Yes it is.

If you would like me to avoid sharing things which I think the forum might find interesting, please just say so. :ironic:

I wouldn't, and quit being so sensitive.

~ Chance

StarHalo

Flashaholic
There's something to the guy-in-a-basement hobby; a Canadian guy has been expanding his basement using only remote-control construction equipment for 8 years - toy-scale R/C excavators and dump trucks. The excavator digs out an area, dumps the rubble into the truck, which then drives the load to a miniature rock crusher. Then there's the welder who took 17 years to complete a roadgoing Lamborghini Countach replica in his basement (and then had to knock out part of his basement to get it out, then got it titled and registered to actually drive it on the street, then tried to sell it on eBay; there's a whole Basement Lamborghini section over on Jalopnik.)

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's something to the guy-in-a-basement hobby; a Canadian guy has been expanding his basement using only remote-control construction equipment for 8 years - toy-scale R/C excavators and dump trucks. The excavator digs out an area, dumps the rubble into the truck, which then drives the load to a miniature rock crusher.....

that really is pretty cool! Operating a hydraulic excavator is a lot of fun, but doing it on the RC scale is much more affordable (and easier to do in your basement).

On the other hand, if you want a 1:1 scale RC toy, you can buy stuff like this....
http://www.constructionequipment.com/caterpillar-integrated-remote-control