Types of LED'S????!!!!

UVLaser

Enlightened
Types of LED\'S????!!!!

Does anyone know if they make flash lights that have these types of LED's: SMD,high flux models,ISP Korea High Powered LEDs web page ::: web page /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Types of LED\'S????!!!!

UV-

SMD stands for Surface Mount Device, which means it does have not any wires to solder. It is meant to be soldered (mounted) to the contact pads directly onto the surface of a circuit board.

There are SMD resistors, capacitors, diodes, ICs etc. Nearly any part with wire leads can be obtained in a SMD package.

There is nothing magical or brighter or better about SMD LEDs it just means they don't have wire leads. They do tend to be smaller though.

GregR

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
uvlaser said:
Does anyone know if they make flash lights that have these types of LED's: SMD,high flux models
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I would call a Luxeon (by Lumaleds) a high flux LED. Also, other companies like Nichia et.al. will be selling their versions of the high flux (READ:power) LEDs in the near future.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

The InReTECH red Mag-AA adapter uses a high-flux ("spider" or "snapLED") lamp. I know that because I tested one in early August 2002, and made a page that includes it right here if you wish to see it.

Latest posts