worth the change?.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi there, would you notice the difference in the white & creaminess between the LED of the Fenix PD32UE (XM-L T6 3C Tint at 5000CCT), and the MCE 4500CCT LED?. what tint is the MCE anyway?

is it worth the change for the MCE?, as it seems its the best 4500 LED out there....................
:thinking:

thank you

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tint bins are similar. You can order the one you want. 500k is mostly noticeable to a camera, not a human. You probably wouldn't like the Fenix as much after the change.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would prefer one of Jason's lights for the quality. But I wouldn't select that emitter.

I personally would prefer a 5000k tint. I have a very good quality light with a 4500k emitter in it, and I think it's too warm.
I'd take a 5000k over 4500K any time.

Esko

Enlightened
hi there, would you notice the difference in the white & creaminess between the LED of the Fenix PD32UE (XM-L T6 3C Tint at 5000CCT), and the MCE 4500CCT LED?. what tint is the MCE anyway?

is it worth the change for the MCE?, as it seems its the best 4500 LED out there....................
:thinking:

thank you

There is no single "best" led. And if there were, MCE wouldn't be it. There are just different leds which suit different purposes. Some of them could be considered "the best" for those individual purposes.

You are asking these virtually same questions in multiple threads. Cool down. Take a break. You have bought a very nice flashlight. Use it. Enjoy it. If you are (still?) unhappy with it after a month or two, then come back and we'll see what could be done. Considering that your choices seem to be the original XM-L, Nichia 219 (which couldn't handle the current in burst mode) and the rather old and huge multi-die MC-E, I don't think you know what you want yet.

IMHO XM-L is the best choice for that light and I am happy to see a 5000K emitter. If you were unhappy with it and the emitter had to be changed to something, I think the most suitable choice would be XM-L2 4500K.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks,...good answer, I need a break...too excited, and more money than a brain as usual.
thanks. back in a year. lol.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks,...good answer, I need a break...too excited, and more money than a brain as usual.
thanks. back in a year. lol.

More money than brain is an easy fix. Buy these things:

4x AW 18650
2x AW 18350

Malkoff MD2 or MD3 host with Oveready Nichia 219 triple (narrow optic)
Solarforce L2P host with Nailbender XM-L warm-white dropin
NiteCore TM11 neutral-white
Mini Mag Pro

Now you have a wide range of outputs, battery types, and LED tint/CRI options. Enjoy! This'll probably cost what, $500 USD? Then you'll have lots more brain, and lots less money ;)