Does anyone still use their Inova 24/7?

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what it is but I find myself playing with this light often. It's not bright, has no throw but I like using it around the house. Perhaps because I can't unleash ungodly power it has an appeal to me. Hell, I can't even use rechargeable batteries in it. What is it with this light that draws me to it? :shrug:

Does anyone else still use theirs? Does anyone else even OWN this light?

Jeff

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's my battery vampire, the place where otherwise-useless cr123s get new life, for a while. It still gets use, though I have to admit that a good deal of its use these days is as protection for my other lights -- that is, when my son asks me for a light, I give him that :)

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one... it lives in a glove compartment as a breakdown emergency light, but since I haven't broken down, it's never been used. I EDC a flashlight and so don't use for illumination either.

Most it ever got used was when my kid used it as a make-believe police flasher lights strapped to is bicycle on Halloween one year.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep my 1st gen yellow one on a magnetic mount for car use. My OD one is on a headlamp bracket in my BOB. I used them quite a bit when I went caving, as markers, but since I haven't been caving recently, they have gathered a lot of dust. Still like mine though, and play with them on occasion. Nice little lights!

WmArnold1

Newly Enlightened
I bought a bunch of Inova's in 2004 & 2005. And, they've all been gifted away but one; my 125 lm T5. Imho, the timeless beauty of these lights is the TIROS (optical) beam pattern that makes the T5 as good for spotting house-numbers at 10-20 yards as my 200 lm oLight T20, which I bought four years later; in 2008.

Indeed; both of those lights spot house-numbers better than my EDC; a 750 lm ZebraLight SC600, because, they spill/flood much less than 65% of their lumens.

WmArnold1

Newly Enlightened
Hen, the Inova 24/7 is actually the model name of one of their flashlights :D

Yep, my-bad - sorry. Inova was truly innovative back in 2004 & 2005. It's sad that their name doesn't appear in CPF much these days. :(

Kapriel

Newly Enlightened
Hen, the Inova 24/7 is actually the model name of one of their flashlights :D

I didn't know that.

I bought a bunch of T4 Inova's from around 2005-2009 I think. Maybe 12 over the years.
Gave some out as presents, but I still have 4 and some of those are used daily 24/7

Back then it was mostly SureFires and they're pricey...

I thought the original Tiros system and rechargebale T4 was an awesome combo at the time
and paid about $120.00 a piece back in 2005-2006

I haven't bought anything from them lately.

Too many other good lights around they really haven't kept up.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ironically, I'm the opposite of you: the 24/7 is the only light from Inova that ever interested me. It's always been overpriced for what it is, but what it is is pretty unique, so if you're attracted to its features, the 24/7 is a cool light. There's nothing else in the Inova line that I didn't think I could find a better match from a different manufacturer, for my particular usage

gsr

Enlightened
I keep my 24/7s in each of my cars. I like the versatility they offer. I also keep a Surefire G2 in each car for those occasions that some light needs to be thrown.

DavidMB

Newly Enlightened
I keep mine beside the night stand. One click and I know it's on low. It's still still a bit bright for my night adjusted eyes, but I think it's a great light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Occassionally I use mine, typically when hanging out washing at night (my wife typically grabs my MinimusVision)
the 24/7 is a pretty handy light, the shape stands nicely on its back, or end and the multiple flashing modes are good to.
typically it lives with my long distance travel gear.

Phry

Banned
I still have an orange one, which I would not get rid of. Can't say I actually use it much mind you.

Great emergency light. Clip it to your dogs collar on the multi color strobe and you will not lose your dog!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I wanted to get one a few years back. But that was about the time the whole cracking issue with the plastic cases came to light.

faucon

Enlightened
I'm replying because I just found my 24/7 tucked away in a waist pack that hadn't been used in a long time. Still had a Surefire CR123 in it. I carried it clipped to a pack for a while as a lightweight emergency light since it has SOS, strobes, red LEDs for night-adapted eyes, and various combinations of flashers. It's a grey color. Still works fine. I guess it's a bit of an antique by now, but it still might do some duty as a backup emergency light for hiking. They're still available on Amazon for the bargain price of $118.99---$49.99 for the yellow.