Wife and Power Outage

N8

Newly Enlightened
I had just brought my Wife home from work and the lights went out. We live in Mi. and we are having high winds and rain changing to SNOW. She was in the bedroom changing and out they went and before I could get to her with a Light she had gotten out her Palight and was already in the process of making her way back to the Living room. She now knows how really handy they are and how nice it is to have one where she can find it easily. Hopefully this will lead to even more goodies (surefires,arc ls 1's) you know no complantes about lights. Thank you, Jesus!!!!!!

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing like a real life experience to turn any doubts into a "reasonable" believer!

GregR

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
That wind stuff is headed my way.

Hmmm. I wonder if I have a flashlight somewhere? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`m sorry to hear that. Wind howling...cold rain changing to snow...wife caught in the middle of changing...in the bedroom....in the dark. And your hopes of taking advantage of the situation dashed by a damm Pal-light. Now she may decide she doesn`t need you...just a good light. Guess the only thing you can do is remove the Pal-light and hope it happens again...just try to move faster next time...good luck.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
No power outage here, but, I did shut my computer system down just in case. Since I primarly use linux, I normally leave it up and running, with only the monitor turned off.

I live with my 80+ y.o. mom, and she used to complain about my flashlight purchases, until a power outage. Now she uses my Cyan Arc LS (no longer made) and has my regular Infinity. She also has her own Eveready 2 LED Folding Lantern, which she loves. One LED on that really lights up her bedroom to the point that both on would be overkill.

If someone born in 1918 can come around to like LED flashlights, anybody can. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

d'mo

Enlightened
Power is out on my block (near Rochester, NY). Flashlights are standing at the ready,.... but I had to fire up the generator. Sick wife and sick kids. They need the heat.

Oh, well, some of the circuits had to be left off.... Wouldn't want to overload the generator.....

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, my mom was having problems using the Kroll switch on the tsp-123, so I had her try my PT Impact (4AA) and PT Tec 40, to see if she could turn them on and off. I have an LED bulb in the Tec 40 and while it is not that bright, it serves very well for finding one's way in the dark house. The Impact is for her to see the clock face on top of the TV in the family room. The Tec 40 went on her nightstand and her LED folding lantern is on her dresser.

My mom is very happily set for any dark situation now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flashaholism does have its practical uses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif