• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Few questions about the Oveready Defense Light

CM2010

Enlightened
Thinking about buying my first light from you guys and have a few questions if anyone can answer them.

This is what i have my eye on:

Oveready Defense Light
Cryos Cooling Z32
Black smooth steel bezel ring
Ultra clear lens
Triple H1 cool XPG2
McClickly black medpress

The triple XPG2 would it be more of a floody beam as that's what i like and how many OTF lumens would it produce?

As for 26650 cells would this one be ok and what runtime would it approx produce?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Review-of-EnerPower-26650-4500mAh-(Dark-blue)

Last question, what is the length of the ODL?

Thanks.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not speaking for the manufacturer, but as a user I would estimate the OTF lumens of the 15-watt cool XPG2 triple on a 2-battery configuration at about 1350-1400 lumens OTF at turn-on.
I have another XPG2 triple that is very similar, which is rated at 1350 OTF at turn-on, and the Oveready Triple is just as bright, and maybe even a touch brighter to the eye. They are at least "neck and neck" anyway, by eye.
It's a real bright light, with a quite floody output, and it is very impressive to see it.

As far as I'm aware, there is no manufacturer's rated OTF output specification for this light. Just the emitter lumens.
Even if you took the "general rule of thumb" estimate for OTF and reduced the emitter lumens number by 15%, it would come out to 1360 OTF lumens that way too.
I think it's pretty safe to say this is a 1350+ Lumens output light in OTF terms.
You won't be disappointed. It's a real stunner.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The triple XPG2 would it be more of a floody beam as that's what i like and how many OTF lumens would it produce?

All of our Triple engines and packages have comparable performance. You can see example beam shots here:

Share-your-Oveready-Beamshots

Lumen production above is correct. It will be less on one cell cell, however. Closer to 1000 (XPG2 cool).

As for 26650 cells would this one be ok and what runtime would it approx produce?

Runtime on a single 4500mah calculates to 112 minutes, so between 1.5 and 2 hours.

Last question, what is the length of the ODL?

Length varies with configuration, but a Cryos 32 and no extended bezel ring is under 5.5 inches.

Last edited:

CM2010

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply but the link you posted is dead, can you sort out a working link please.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry for the confusion. The ODL is a universal drop in host. It is offered empty (without engine), for use with a variety of drop ins you may want or already have.

CM2010

Enlightened
Got it today just have to wait for my dropins to arrive now!

2nhhlyt.jpg

CM2010

Enlightened
It's got a real hefty feel to it kinda like a cross between a Zebralight S6330 and a SC600.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one and can say it is my "go to" light when I'm looking for something. Three levels of Nichia 219 high cri bulbs give good color rendition & good run time. I keep extra batteries charged--just in case! You won't regret this one!

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Does anyone know if there is a way to attach a lanyard? For a light that large I would want a lanyard.

Dr.Seuss

Newly Enlightened
Not familiar with the Zebra or the SC; size wise compared to a SF 6P? Looks very impressive.

Dr.Seuss

Newly Enlightened
That certainly looks like a handful; very nice! I assume the "heft," is also a bit more. I feel it may be about time to add another light to the household.