work from home?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've been looking for a job...

there isn't really a whole lot to do locally, so i've been looking online, and these "work at home" things keep popping up on jobhunting websites. they say i can earn up to 40k per year, but i realize this is crap.
i'm wondering if anyone has any experience in this? i'm really just trying to get some money until i can secure a better position, and was wondering what these "work from home" things entailed. the ads aren't very descriptive, and i don't have much of an idea what it would involve.

it probably isn't somethign i'll persue, but if anyone has experience, i'd like to hear it.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i figured that much out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Short answer is that it's all a scam. There are plenty of work at home jobs, but the ones that they peddle on the internet and in regular classified advertising are scams. If you search for "work at home" on the better business site http://www.bbb.org/ you can find a few articles by them

http://www.fraud.org/tips/internet/workathome.htm

is also an interesting article /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This place:
http://www.workathomecareers.com/fr_index.html?/scams.shtml

May have more info for you on ones that might not be scams, but no promises from me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think you'd be better off working at K-Mart with Sasha, they don't carry surefires but you'd get a discount on the rest of their inventory!

jtice

Flashaholic
NOTHING that you see in an AD is for real.

BUT, you can make money from home. But, 99% of it will have to envole computer work. Such as web developement, programming, etc.

I have made a desent amount of money from home this way. I web design, and write programs.

If you are not trained in any type of computer background, this will be very hard to do.

I guess you could sell fruit baskets out of your home.... hmmmm , second thought, that wouldnt work for you roth,,, ppl wont like getting empty baskets with apple cores in them. :p

If your LUCKY, you can get hired on as a beta tester for a software, or game company.

I feel for you man,,, before I got my current job... which I am at right now ! :O (lunch time),,, I was having HELL finding a job. And I even have a computer degree.

pahl

Enlightened
The people that are putting the "work at home" ads online are probly doing it from home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck in your job hunt..

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a program on TV about people that now work from home and have set up "retail" businesses using eBay. A guy and his wife were laid off and started just selling some of their stuff...one thing led to another and now they do so much business that they aren't looking for jobs at all. They've become online retailers.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks guys, i pretty much figured that was the case, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience.
if nothing else i figured that i could do it part time for extra flashlight $$

ticey, i'm much more attractive than you, so finding a job should be easier for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mutie

Enlightened
Roth,

Just don't cake the makeup on too much and be sure and wear a sensible skirt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mutie

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've always had a keen fashion sense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
i've always had a keen fashion sense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm, do you?
Maybe this is why you cant find a job.

jimboette.jpg

jtice

Flashaholic
OK,OK,,, all kidding aside.

Good luck Roth, the job hunts are hell.

But you migght want to bring a bag, your not much prettier without the makeup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

utohjimbo.jpg

Greta

Flashaholic
Oh sweetheart! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif You really need to do something with those eyebrows! Ever hear of waxing? And you are much more an autumn than a spring! Go with the earth tones and more peaches and cream!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Looks liek red vest material to me.

Contact marketing firms in your area and see about data entry. That's what I'm doing. Bad for the wrists but good for the wallet.