Is this the year you will add a tri-led light to your group?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
They seem to be becoming popular. To big to be pocketable, large strapped to a belt, I have had little interest. But...seems to be the up and coming thing. $150~up. Are you going to break down? Empty your wallet on just one light?

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 4 triples last year.
2 pocket triples, and 2 medium size triples.
Love them all.

dougie

Enlightened
I really want a search light so I'll be getting one this year. It's too early to say what I'll get as there are now lots of firms competing for business but I won't be skimping on how much it costs as I want something to last a long time! :)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried a couple triples, and settled in on the Fenix TK75. I think quad XML's will be too big for my uses. It's ironic that I use a triple xpg or nichia for flood and a triple XML for throw :p

Beckler

Enlightened
I would like to, as everyone needs one extra-powerful light in their arsenal. I'd like to see something with a better selection of levels, instead of only 3 or so which makes no sense in a 3k lumen light. I think Zebralight scores best in that regard.

xed888

Enlightened
I tried a couple triples, and settled in on the Fenix TK75. I think quad XML's will be too big for my uses. It's ironic that I use a triple xpg or nichia for flood and a triple XML for throw :p

I want to hear you say that when Fenix releases the RC40 :naughty:

Moonwayman

Newly Enlightened
I broke down a few months ago and got the Sunwayman t60cs. Do I need one, no, but it is fun to hold the power of a car headlight in your hand. Massive, almost laughable flood, with the horsepower to reach around 300 yards. More of a toy than anything else, but it is usable on low and has a good runtime.

My single cr123 lights get the most use though.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point.
Regarding the lower modes, it is very easy to use the EDC for lower modes, and use the high power lights for searching and such.
Typically these big lights can't be an EDC anyway.

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
I picked up my first tripple a couple months ago, A Nitecore TM15. I like the size, holsterability, UI, parallel battery configuration. I wont buy a tripple just because it is the most lumens or most lux. Lot more to usability than that. I will be watching the TM line and should they introduce a model that is say 60% more lumens or 100% greater lux than the TM15 I will buy it.

eusty

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't resist the Xmas offer they had on the Thrunite TN30.....so I bought one :)

Impressed :D

Sent using Tapatalk 2.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I ordered a P60 triple from Mac late last year. Hasn't arrived yet, so yes, I expect to add it this year. The 6P host is just sitting there waiting for it.

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
I dropped on a TM11 neutral this year, grabbed it at a great price and don't regret it for a second, amazing light.

-- Adam

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it was a couple years ago that I added the EagleTac M2XC4, a very nice light at the time and still works well. This year so far I've upgraded to the TM-15 NW, and it's an amazing light. I just used it again last night and was still in awe of it's output. I just wish the switch/UI suited my tastes more. I'll probably get the Zebralight as well eventually, because I get all their lights, but I may wait until they have it in a neutral or warm tint variation and I would prefer XM-L2 LED just so that it is more different.

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
Never was into big lights, but this year I bought 2 tripples, the TM15 and the TK75.
For my hand the tripples where not that big after all.

CIMG3330-M.jpg

The TK75 is the favorite.

Last edited:

bansuri

Enlightened
Oh yeahhhh, love the triples!
Dropped some Nichia 219 triples in a couple small lights, not a whole lot of throw in this configuration but that's the way I wanted it.

34qr3id.jpg

34pe49s.jpg

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive been wanting a Torchlab's triple for the longest. but the setup i want to run will cost well over $200. plus ive been waiting for more bin options of the XP-G2.

i just saw that EDC+ has their own version of a triple xp-g2 drop-in that has really peaked my interest, but very different from Torchlabs, that its driven much more conservatively and is 6 volts max.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
ive been wanting a Torchlab's triple for the longest. but the setup i want to run will cost well over $200. plus ive been waiting for more bin options of the XP-G2.

i just saw that EDC+ has their own version of a triple xp-g2 drop-in that has really peaked my interest, but very different from Torchlabs, that its driven much more conservatively and is 6 volts max.

How did I miss that? I've been buying from Jason and Craig since I started this madness - and it sounds like just what I've been looking for.

magnum70383

Enlightened
I want to hear you say that when Fenix releases the RC40 :naughty:

I actually saw the quad Fenix light and went straight ahead to order S6330. Sure 3300 lumens. But with 3 brightness modes? And rechargeable? I'd like my light smaller that uses less batteries. Seems like manufacturers are just going to put more and more leds in their lights

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope so. A nice triple sst-90 or better yet, a triple csm-360. mmmmmmmm