Surefire, are they all they're made out to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yearnslow

Enlightened
I'm sure there have been many discussions here about Surefire and the price, compared to say, Fenix.
What I would like to know is what torch officianados here think?
For example, and only for debate purposes, what's the REAL difference between a Fenix PD30 and a LX2 lumamax?
:poke:

Ragnar66

Enlightened
All I can say is I have kicked the sht outta all my gear.......and although other lights like Fenix, Sunwayman, Jetbeam etc are still working......my surefire lights are showing less wear but have been carried for longer..... I never doubt they will work and thats why they stay on my duty belt.....

jukeboxx

Newly Enlightened
Surefires tend to be more durable and are also better weapon mounted lights.IMO.YMMV.

Last edited:

yearnslow

Enlightened
All I can say is I have kicked the sht outta all my gear.......and although other lights like Fenix, Sunwayman, Jetbeam etc are still working......my surefire lights are showing less wear but have been carried for longer..... I never doubt they will work and thats why they stay on my duty belt.....

That's fair enough, and exactly the practical type of response I was after. :)

dougie

Enlightened

I couldn't have put it better myself. What he didn't say was the warranty that goes with a Surefire makes the cost far more acceptable, if you ever need to use it that is! :)

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
Only problem I have ever had with a Surefire tactical light was a untrustworthy tail cap switch. They overnighted me a switch no questions asked.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
on the outside they might look similar, although surefire's anodizing and machining is better when looking closely.
but on the inside once you start taking them apart, surefire's build quality and designs becomes apparent.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Another Surefire thread, that is no different to many existing Surefire threads. Please continue in one of the existing threads. - Norm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.