Thoughts on a Streamlight Scorpion X?

caerus

Newly Enlightened
I have just stumbled into the flashlight world so pardon my rookie standing.

A friend of mine is a guide for a local hunting outfitter and from time to time hunters will leave items behind in the blind. He recently found a Streamlight Scorpion X in a box blind and gave it to me because he has "20+ lights already". I like the size and function of the light but I'm really disappointed in the brightness and throw. I had just purchased a Fenix e21 v2 rated at 170 lumens on high for EDC and I am very pleased with this light. Super bright! So I was very surprised to find out that the Streamlight Scorpion X is rated at 200 lumens on high because comparing the two lights I would have guessed the Scorpion X to be a 40-50 lumen light max. I mean, it's nowhere close to 200 lumens. Can anyone provide some insight as to what is going on here. Is this just a matter of putting new batteries in the torch and problem solved or is the lack of brightness/throw a more technical issue?? FWIW the batteries seem to be functioning properly with no observable flickering or fading during use (1-3min runtime). The Scorpion X runs on two CR123a batteries and I don't have any just lying around. Love to get some thoughts/opinions from the more advanced torch aficionados out there on the subject.

Cappys29

Newly Enlightened
Install new batteries because I have both the lights you mentioned and the scorpion is slightly brighter than the e21. I actually was really impressed with the scorpion, and love the way it feels with the rubber grip. Also it runs good on a 17670 if you wanted to go rechargeable.