Tail standing teeth friendly E11

Tru7h

Newly Enlightened
I work with my Fenix E11 a lot holding it in my teeth and working with both hands. Finally got fed up with biting aluminum, so here's what just came off the lathe. :D

imagezly.jpg

imagekiw.jpg

Tru7h

Newly Enlightened
Also adds just a little insurance that it won't get turned on in the tool kit and be dead when I need it.
Black delrin.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not as versatile, and won't fit in the toolkit.

I bought one for work as I was holding mine in my teeth as well.

Nightsearcher.png

I find it very versatile as it will stand up with a 90 degree beam angle,it will clip to my overall or breast pocket and for prolonged use just clip into the head band and it goes into my tiny edc bag so easy.

I do understand we all have different needs and what suits me probably does not suit you.

Narcosynthesis

Newly Enlightened
Not as versatile, and won't fit in the toolkit.

Have a look at options like the zebralights with the 90 degree head on them - not much larger than a standard light without the band, and they give you the option to strap it to a headband like a normal light, or use the pocket clip on your collar or similar for handsfree work without having to strap it to your noggin.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol wow no one could get past the mention of teeth long enough to even acknowledge it (this is now a zl headlight thread lol). It's awesome though, exactly how Fenix should have made the E11 in the first place, or at least offer something like that as an accessory. I'd have one if they did. I bought a similar shrouded delrin ring for an L1, which was a huge improvement over stock. Wish I could remember the name of the website that made it (not batteryjunction or overready... i THINK just three initials, but i can't find them again for anything now :banghead: if anyone knows WTF I'm talking about).

These shrouded caps not only allow for tailstanding, but also protect against accidental activation in your pocket. Really well done, congrats. & to think I came in here expecting another mangled bottle cap stuck over the end or something!

:clap:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, I wasn't going to ask,but now that A.J. has done so I call 2nd.

edit- & if it works like the other delrin shrouds, it just screws in where the original ring screwed out.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
It looks solid! I'd probably throw down some $ for a few if available to purchase.