New & improved Nightstar II?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacGyver

Newly Enlightened
Hi
Does anyone know anything about this?
According to www.shakelight.com , now 50% brighter than before and longer runtime.

...A search revealed less than stellar reviews of Nightstar in the past...anyone know if the new model is more worthwhile, or care to speculate? Would 50% more still be 100% of very little??
bluesigh.gif

Thanks in advance for any input
smile.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
MacGyver:

Sorry I did'nt post sooner. My GF gave one to her dad for Christmas - just in time for a three day power outage in the "country." The light was much appreciated. She also gave one to me...I like it. (of course I do, it's a flashlight) A few misc. observations: It is big, roughly the size of a 3D *agLight. It is not a typical EDC item. If you want something to teach physics, have fun with, put in a bomb shelter type kit, or use where batteries are not readily available - I think there is nothing like it. If you get one, DO PAY ATTENTION to the warnings about magnetism. I briefly placed mine in front of my new computer monitor and promptly trashed the monitor - just like the warnings said I would. Fortunately, the effect lasted only a few days.
I got mine because of a GOOD review, I think on the LED Museum site - which definately contrasted the new nitestar with the patent violating and inferior immitations.
The most noteworthy thing that I can say, I that the light EXCEEDED PUBLISHED SPECIFICATIONS!!!
grin.gif
I expected a three minute shake to provide 5-10 min of "useful" light. I actually got more like 15-20 min of good light - followed by several more minutes of "useful" light.

408392.jpg

Stainless

MacGyver

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Stainless, comments below:
I briefly placed mine in front of my new computer monitor and promptly trashed the monitor - just like the warnings said I would.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Whoa
shocked.gif

I got mine because of a GOOD review, I think on the LED Museum site - which definately contrasted the new nitestar with the patent violating and inferior immitations.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Couldn't find it there, but good to know! Had found an imitation, was considering. Will wait & get the real one then.
The most noteworthy thing that I can say, I that the light EXCEEDED PUBLISHED SPECIFICATIONS!!!
grin.gif
I expected a three minute shake to provide 5-10 min of "useful" light. I actually got more like 15-20 min of good light - followed by several more minutes of "useful" light.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Excellent!
icon14.gif

Ok, I need one of these for the weirdness factor, nice to know it's actually viable. Touch big for a keychain maybe, but usefull nonetheless...

Status
Not open for further replies.