Small Run of SHORTY Bodies Available Now!

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hi all,

I get a lot of requests for "shorty" bodies for the Alpha. Typically they are special-order-only but I've decided to make a small run of 10 pcs for each finish: blasted & polished, stone washed, and full brushed. The shorty body is about 1" shorter than a full size light. It also requires a special battery. Details are on my site. Please read everything before you order! There are some important details you need to know.

Oh and these are "body only," not complete lights.

shorty-tall-600.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
The full brushed should look pretty close. I think I may have to order one of these!

safd

Newly Enlightened
Get one while you can! I have an older Alpha and got a new tail. Really sweet set up. I got it for the 'just cause I can' thinking, because the full size carries so easily. The smaller set up carries very well and of course the beam is still the same....GREAT. I can't speak well enough of Jason and his CS. My only light. Plenty and then some.
thanks
ben

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got mine. It is night in Switzerland and I played. Very nice. As expected, a shorter run time - still reasonable - and a much smaller, pocketable set up. Jason has a clear vision of what a great light is and I'm glad he was flexible and provided the shorty. I'm a happy camper.

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
Any chance for another run of these?

Which cells are used in this shorter body? Can't seem to find the info on the new DarkSucks site.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance for another run of these?

Which cells are used in this shorter body? Can't seem to find the info on the new DarkSucks site.
Hi David,
Thank You for the website info.
The correct cell to use with the Alpha Shorty Tube is the legacy A&W IMR 18350 cell, or the current KeePower 18350 cell.

GL

Below is the New recommended IMR from KeePower

Here is what separates IMR cells from standard Li-Ion:

IMR cells are a specialized Li-Mn (Lithium Manganese) chemistry specificaly designed for high-drain applications. While they excel at delivering massive discharge rates, their capacity is much more limited than a Li-Ion of the same size. The AW 18350 is the highest capacity IMR battery in this size, but it will only deliver 15 minutes of run-time on the highest power setting in an Alpha flashlight.
Can't have everything right? That's also why the are sold in pairs :)

NOTICE : Using a "Standard" (non-IMR) battery in an Alpha Shorty may cause a fire and explosion.
A Standard Li-Mn cell Can Not handle the massive current drain the light demands.

Last edited:

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
That's great, what about my chances of scoring one of these shorty tubes?