Flashlight Movies or TV Shows????

jbroker83

Enlightened
Hey, can anyone think of any movies or TV shows that feature flashlights either saving someone's life, helping a situation, or that feature the benefits of having a flashlight handy when nobody else does???

HesNot

Enlightened
All the CSI shows (last I watched and it's been awhile) characters seem to have small, very bright lights, something like SF E2es or L4s.

gadgetnut

Enlightened
The new S.W.A.T. movie. All the guns have SF's on them. Oh, and the TV series MacGyver. Of course he would build his flashlights from a pack of gum and a swiss army knife.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ones they use in CSI are mostly Scorpions and M6, that I've seen, I think. Yup, and in SWAT, that scene where the bad guy was in the sewers, looking to see where he hid the claymore, I'm pretty sure that was an A2 he was holding.

Back to the original question, Darkness Falls is one show I can think of which has the main character (major flashaholic) carrying around all his flashlights in a bag! And he needs all those lights to keep himself alive too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Search in the Cafe, there was another similar thread on this topic a few months back.

jbroker83

Enlightened
I'll have to check it out....I was watching a show on TNT the other night and they were out in the woods, camping, and a guy had a real cheap 2-D light, and his friend said something like "why didn't you buy a nice flashlight for times like this?" and he responded "hey, at least I have a flashlight!"

Jurassic Park---the kids in the Ford Explorer...the spotlights attract the T-Rex to the vehicle...those look to be at least 500,000 CP.

Karen Sisco on ABC has a surefire e2 in her purse.

Alias is another good one to watch, they have surefire's on thier guns--

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the ones in Jurassic Park are MaxaBeams...better start saving your pennies now!!

X-Files is another show that frequently used flashlights.

I also notice alot of Scorpion flashlights on CSI (not so much on CSI: Miami).

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ghost Ship featured extensive flashlight & lantern use. Thought I recognized a G2 but I'm not familiar with the lantern or what looked like a 4C flashlight and maybe a Stinger. Anyone know for sure what they were?

jbroker83

Enlightened
I was watching an old episode of tv's "who's the boss?" and tony danza's character hears a noise at night, goes to investigate with a Mag-Lite 3-D --and tells his daughter (alyssa Milano) that it's his night club of defense....

the noise turned out to be the daughter's boyfriend trying to sneak out of the house ---

jbroker83

Enlightened
Another movie with underwater lights is-- James Cameron's
The Abyss (1989 Sci-Fi)

The divers use a lot of light--mostly underwater spotlights/but every time the aliens come, the lights stop working.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ghostship

i saw ghostship a couple weeks ago.

if i am not mistaken, there was at least 1 M6 and several maxabeams. i couldnt figure out why mariners would choose an M6, since it is such a short running light, and has questionable water resistance.

also couldnt figure out why they would be using maxabeams to look around the inside of a ship--seems a little overkill...but that is hollywierd.

my wife jokingly asked what kind of lights they were using, so i told her that the maxabeam was at least a $1500 light and the M6 was $300+, and ran for only 1 hour on $6-$8 worth of batteries.

she has new appreciation for the opalecs, madmaxes, Arcs, badboys, etc.

Bob<--cant afford those super-duper lights.

arioch

Enlightened
1.)Pitch Black (movie)
2.)Darkness Falls (movie)
3.)Blade and Blade II (movies)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
gee Bob, how long was the Movie? a couple of hours? So they only used a couple of sets of batteries...$20 tops!

lol

GregR

Blackbeagle

Newly Enlightened
Strange, everyone notices the Scorpions on CSI, yet I notice Grissom usually with a Stinger XT and the most recent episodes have been very heavy on the UltraStingers.

Ralf

Enlightened
Tombraider II

Lara uses a E1e with E1 Head (as a diving light *g* )

and a real underwater diving light, a kowalski ...

Cheers
Ralf

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
from what i know flashlights that are very bright are used on sets, so when the film is edited later the flashlights don't look like candles (the actual set is much brighter so the cameras can capture the details).

FlashGordon

Newly Enlightened
There was a show on Sci-Fi channel last year called "Tracker" starring Adrian Paul (of Highlander the Series) as an alien bounty hunter in human form. The Tracker is searching for alien criminals inhabiting human bodies on earth to set up an intergalactic crime syndicate. One of the alien races is from a moon world and therefore sensitive to bright light (they wear sunglasses constantly on our world). The Tracker corners one and aims a small two cell tactical flashlight at the cornered alien who chuckles at the small flashlight until the Tracker turns on the beam causing the bad guy excruciating pain. The Tracker smiles at his opponent and says, "I have modified it a bit"

So we get modified flashlights, a modder, and Sci-Fi in one fell swoop!

Banshee

Enlightened
Aw c'mon guys..X-Files and the LiteBoxes!!

that's where I found my flash-o-holism began to take root