P60 with overdischarge protection

Deltaoutdoorsman

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys I find myself with two new unprotected Panasonic 18650 cells and an old 6p body I'm about to bore. Does anybody make a p60 drop in with overdischarge protection? I've done some searching with no luck.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just check the working voltages. Technically, any regulated drop-ins that stop functioning at around 2.8V will work.

e.g. - Drop-ins with input range of 2.8~8.4V will be fine. Ones with 0.8~4.2V will suck your batteries down to nothing.

Deltaoutdoorsman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advise it never occurred to me that if the light is regulated it will not function under the rated voltage.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Protection circuit isnt always necessary
If you are using medium or high output light, you may see a very noticable dim when the batt is almost empty

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Just check the working voltages. Technically, any regulated drop-ins that stop functioning at around 2.8V will work.

e.g. - Drop-ins with input range of 2.8~8.4V will be fine. Ones with 0.8~4.2V will suck your batteries down to nothing.

I wouldn't rely on that alone. It's not necessarily so that if a light has a working voltage of 2.8-8.4V, it will shut off below 2.8V. It may very well flicker or only work at a lower output.

Latest posts