HDS: Swap heads for Rotary and Clicky??

noddy

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Does anyone know is it possible to swap the heads round on HDS EDC flashlights

I mean can you take, for instance, a 200 lumen head off a clicky and put it onto a HiCRI rotary without problem (and vice versa)?

Thanks for any info :)

broonzbane

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Does anyone know is it possible to swap the heads round on HDS EDC flashlights

I mean can you take, for instance, a 200 lumen head off a clicky and put it onto a HiCRI rotary without problem (and vice versa)?

Thanks for any info :)

Not sure about the electronics involved, but from a pure design standpoint, you're going to run into compatability issues depending upon when the lights were manufactured. Older HDS lights did not have ACME threading. The newer ones do, and the two are not compatable.

broonzbane

nbp

Flashaholic
I don't believe that you can do that; Clicky heads aren't designed to understand the Rotary control.

noddy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your help all. Mailling H was the sensible option in the end, burntoshine :)

Mechanically it is OK, not electrically though.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually had a similar question that I posted on the HDS thread but nobody had an answer. I was curious if I could put a clicky battery compartment/tail cap onto my rotary and essentially turn it into a clicky. So if I understand correctly it won't work. Too bad, would have been nice to have both options.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
While at a dinner with some fellow CPF'ers at SHOT we tried that. The Clicky would not work with the Rotary head.

Bill