• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Wanted - Mod for Streamlight Stingers

secflb

Newly Enlightened
Looking to get 30-40 custom Stinger mods made that put out more than 500 Lmns.

Have tried the Terralux and Malkoff versions of this and neither is as bright as the currently offered Pro Tac HL from Streamlight, which I carry and works great. But I do have 30-40 Stingers that my staff use and would like to upgrade them all.

Please contact me if you can get this done.

Casper507

Newly Enlightened
I don't do modifications nor am I a electrical engineer but I've read alot of reviews over the last few years.Stinger battery is around 1500mah. You can get Nimh battery that contains around double. That is still only around 3000mah. The Malkoff 3-4C XML uses three C cell nimh to get 600 lumens, less with alkaline.The Malkoff for the Stinger already has good throw and should have decent runtime. Using the light up close with 350 lumens without diffusion will already reflect lots of glare on bright cement surface or even sunbleached deck if my 265 lumen XPG Z2 is any comparison. I suspect getting 500+lumens out of those stingers will make them short run lights with little advantage over 350 lumens that would run for hours on 2 batteries. At only 265 lumens my 2C Maglite Malkoff has a huge useable flood and can reach out three hundred yards and I've even run it for an hour on 2xAAs with a piece of old garden hose for a spacer. You could also check with Malkoff directly. If his Stinger drop-in uses a XPG to get 350 the same driver would give an XML of the latest version close tor 500 and possibly reach because it has higher surface temp than previous XMLs according to what I read recently. That of course would depend on if he can fit XML on the same drop-in if it's made for XPG.You could check with with the thread on custom light work to see if Vihnguyen can do the conversion for you....

Last edited:

secflb

Newly Enlightened
I don't do modifications nor am I a electrical engineer but I've read alot of reviews over the last few years.Stinger battery is around 1500mah. You can get Nimh battery that contains around double. That is still only around 3000mah. The Malkoff 3-4C XML uses three C cell nimh to get 600 lumens, less with alkaline.The Malkoff for the Stinger already has good throw and should have decent runtime. Using the light up close with 350 lumens without diffusion will already reflect lots of glare on bright cement surface or even sunbleached deck if my 265 lumen XPG Z2 is any comparison. I suspect getting 500+lumens out of those stingers will make them short run lights with little advantage over 350 lumens that would run for hours on 2 batteries. At only 265 lumens my 2C Maglite Malkoff has a huge useable flood and can reach out three hundred yards and I've even run it for an hour on 2xAAs with a piece of old garden hose for a spacer. You could also check with Malkoff directly. If his Stinger drop-in uses a XPG to get 350 the same driver would give an XML of the latest version close tor 500 and possibly reach because it has higher surface temp than previous XMLs according to what I read recently. That of course would depend on if he can fit XML on the same drop-in if it's made for XPG.You could check with with the thread on custom light work to see if Vihnguyen can do the conversion for you....

Tracking on that. Have talked to Malkoff and they were unwilling to do the XML due to the size of the emitter, thinking it would not fit in with the existing Stinger reflector... So that pretty much ended there.

I'll keep looking but thanks.

secflb

Newly Enlightened
I can convert standard Stinger to accept 600~700 lumens D36 XML module but cost won't be cheap.

BTW, since you have only 1 post, I can't send you PM

Ok. What's a ballpark figure for 30 lights?