stupid question on removing bulb

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a streamlight twin task 1L light and have to replace a defective bulb and I don't know how to replace the bulb. Does it have to be removed with needle nose pliers, pushed in and turned, just pulled out straight, turned and then pulled out, there aren't any instructions with the light, thanks for any suggestions.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just referred to the cardboard instructions that they send with the light and there is no mention on how to remove the bulb. I called them and they say you can't remove it with needle nose pliers because there is a special tool that they send with the replacement bulb to accomplish this. I told them that was great and why didn't they indicate that on their non-instruction sheet, and they told me that I was the first person to complain. I replied that I was tempted to throw the light away rather than sending it in for repair because they didn't want to give proper instructions on their instruction sheet. Anyone have a similar experience with Streamlight. The xenon bulb burned out after about 25 minutes of use and got really dim before that.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow this sucks...well...guess the only thing to do is call them and ask them to send you a bulb...with the tool...and try not to loose the tool so next time you won`t have to call them. Why don`t they include the tool with the light?...guess they want a little more profit...but yea...it sucks!

franken2

Newly Enlightened
I was able to remove and re-install the bulb in my tt-1l with my fingers.
putting it back in was a little harder, having to line up the holes.
very similar to replacing the bulb in a 2aa min-mag except not near enough room to get a grip on the bulb, which, by the way, should work in the tt 1l, shouldn't it?
I've pulled those types of bulbs with needle-nose pliers before, just have to be gentle.
got the light at new cabela's in hamburg, pa. and am quite happy with it.

Catapult

Enlightened
The Nuwai lights come with a tool to remove the bulb. Streamlight based their TT series lights on Nuwai's, so why didn't they follow Nuwai's example and include the tool with their light?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bulb pulls out straight without twisting.

The tool is a simple "L" shaped tool with a ring at the long end of the "L". The round wire is slightly more than 1/2MM in diameter. The long end is about 28mm, the short end about 4MM. It would be simple to make out of small wire.

Spare bulbs (two pack) come with the tools, and instructions to use the little hook to catch the edge of the bulb from the side, and pull it out. It is a bi-pin bulb.

Brightguy has the bulbs, cheap.

Doesn't everybody (?) order spare bulbs when they order a light ?

That's the first time I've heard of someone burning out a bulb.

Catapult

Enlightened
I haven't burned out a single bulb for any of my incandecents yet. I've got spares too but they seem to be of no use at the current moment.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keithhr-

Didn't you have some bad luck with surefire lamps also?

GregR