Olight SR95 Intimidator vs. Fenix TK75 w/ battery extension? Which one to get?

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
I am torn between these two lights. Thinking of either getting the Olight SR95 Intimidator 2000 lumen model or the Fenix TK75 with an extra battery extension for longer run time.

They are both pretty similar.

If you have both lights or tried out both lights, which one do you prefer if you can only pick one?

Last edited:

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
Re: Olight SR95 Intimidator vs. Fenix TK75 w/ battery extention

160 views and not one suggestion? Lol...

n2deep

Newly Enlightened

LOL I have the Fenix TK75 & SR95SUT so I cant really comment. :D Since you are going to put the extender on the Fenix we really can argue the fact that it is smaller. I wish I could help more..

Kaban

Newly Enlightened

LOL I have the Fenix TK75 & SR95SUT so I cant really comment. :D Since you are going to put the extender on the Fenix we really can argue the fact that it is smaller. I wish I could help more..
which one do you like more?

n2deep

Newly Enlightened

Both the Olight is set up to be a thrower and it really gets out there! The TK75 is more of an all around light. I think the most practical of the 2 goes to the TK75 hands down.

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
You can look at the picture of the Olight i just posted in another thread here....#163

langham

Enlightened

Neither get then OSTS TN31mb, and other than that I like the Fenix more because it is more versitile and a lot cheaper if one of the cells goes bad you can replace it, and you are not limited to the cells that the manufacturer went with. The Fenix is a lot more efficient as well, though the SR95 will throw further, that takes me back to the TN31.

Kaban

Newly Enlightened

Neither get then OSTS TN31mb, and other than that I like the Fenix more because it is more versitile and a lot cheaper if one of the cells goes bad you can replace it, and you are not limited to the cells that the manufacturer went with. The Fenix is a lot more efficient as well, though the SR95 will throw further, that takes me back to the TN31.
That light is cool as hell. I have never heard of it. It looks extremely similar to my Jetbeam RRT-3 SST-50 in terms of the design. But judging from the dimension it's a bit larger and obviously had around double the throw (RRT-3 is like 600-650 meters last I checked but it does have flood which I like around the house).

Is the OSTS a good company?

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
Which of these lights would shine the best through water? Trying to get a good light to shine off the pier at night to spot fish...

langham

Enlightened
If you want to spot fish you may want to get an aspheric light because the flood may reflect back up and blind you. The OSTS light has a substantial amount more intensity than any other reflector based single led light that you will find, and is in a very cool body that has 6 outputs with an excellent UI that includes a magnetic control ring. You should take a look at the OSTS threads and determine how good you think they are. I think that they are the best you can buy, some of the Mac customs and other CPF custom builds might compare though. The BTU shocker is also very comparable to the Fenix, although it doesn't have an extension tube to my knowledge. Take a look and see what you think I will get back to you if you have any other questions.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I am torn between these two lights. Thinking of either getting the Olight SR95 Intimidator 2000 lumen model or the Fenix TK75 with an extra battery extension for longer run time.

They are both pretty similar.

If you have both lights or tried out both lights, which one do you prefer if you can only pick one?

They are completely different.

One is a strong floody beam that lights up a wider area ~ 300-400 yards in front of you, and the other is a strong throwy beam that lights up a tighter circle of light 600-800 yards from you.

If you want more range, the Olight is better, if you want more flood, the Fenix is better. They are both awesome in their own way, but its not the same way.

:D

TEEJ

Flashaholic

That light is cool as hell. I have never heard of it. It looks extremely similar to my Jetbeam RRT-3 SST-50 in terms of the design. But judging from the dimension it's a bit larger and obviously had around double the throw (RRT-3 is like 600-650 meters last I checked but it does have flood which I like around the house).

Is the OSTS a good company?

No company that I am aware of in this forum at least does more QA/QC on their lights...and here, that says a lot....its arguing which super model is hotter. :D

The TN31mb is a Thrunite TN31, a very nice light by itself, and then OSTS modifies it by optimizing all of the parts, potting the electronics, etc...and tuning it to throw like a MoFo...~ 400,000 cd.

The SR95 has ~ half that cd rating. The TN31mb also has a lot of levels (As does the stock version), so it can be dimmed down to firefly-ish out put as well.

The same guy (Saabluster) makes the new DEFT-X, which is an aspheric light with Waivien technology, so its cd is ~ 900,000 cd....making it the furthest throwing hand-held LED light on the planet at this time. (The TN31mb was the previous record holder...)

So, yeah, they ROCK.

PS - That 3 XML RRT is only good for about 200-300 yards in practice, and is more floody by a wide margin.

If you like that kind of control ring control on the RRT, you'll like the one on the Thunite as well, same idea.

Thrunite also makes a TN30 which is very floody, but with the new LEDs, its pumping out ~ 3,600 lumens. Its layout/control ring and form factor are VERY similar to its TN31 brother...so if you like one, you like the other.

PPS - You don't NEED extension tubes, you can just carry spare cells, and swap them in when needed...the tube is just putting the spare cells on the LIGHT.

When we do search and rescue, etc...the heavier the light, the harder it is to keep pointing it where you need to...so a lighter light is a lot easier to use in that regard.

Last edited:

CouldUseALight

Newly Enlightened

The TK75 is a general-purpose light; the Olights are outdoors tools, for use in big spaces.

The SR95 doesn't have a "low" low, or a thermal stepdown....it will blind you in a small room. But it will run for 3 hours on max with a large enough hotspot to allow you to recognize what's 500 yards away. "Low" is really just a runtime extender, the light is always very bright (SR95sut low is much more discreet)....

The Fenix is hard-pressed to show me what's happening more than 3-400 yards out (Teej has better eyes than me!). :p Turbo is on a timer....you have to click back up. But it offers many more levels, some suitable for indoor use, longer runtime, and interchangeable batteries in an extendable configuration.

At less than half the Olight price, the Fenix is a VERY compelling package, and probably unbeatable for most folk's purposes.

I'm out walking through wide, dark spaces every night, with lots of critters...a growing wooded subdivision during the week and the Red River during weekends. I sold my TK75, and kept an SR95 and SR95SUT, and am thrilled. :thumbsup:

Kaban

Newly Enlightened

The TK75 is a general-purpose light; the Olights are outdoors tools, for use in big spaces.

The SR95 doesn't have a "low" low, or a thermal stepdown....it will blind you in a small room. But it will run for 3 hours on max with a large enough hotspot to allow you to recognize what's 500 yards away. "Low" is really just a runtime extender, the light is always very bright (SR95sut low is much more discreet)....

The Fenix is hard-pressed to show me what's happening more than 3-400 yards out (Teej has better eyes than me!). :p Turbo is on a timer....you have to click back up. But it offers many more levels, some suitable for indoor use, longer runtime, and interchangeable batteries in an extendable configuration.

At less than half the Olight price, the Fenix is a VERY compelling package, and probably unbeatable for most folk's purposes.

I'm out walking through wide, dark spaces every night, with lots of critters...a growing wooded subdivision during the week and the Red River during weekends. I sold my TK75, and kept an SR95 and SR95SUT, and am thrilled. :thumbsup:
If you are interested in selling the SR95UT in the near future, shoot me a PM :)

n2deep

Newly Enlightened

I kinda feel like the TK75 is a very all around useful light and the Olight is more of a impress your friends kinda light.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

I kinda feel like the TK75 is a very all around useful light and the Olight is more of a impress your friends kinda light.

LOL

EITHER would impress your friends.

Overall, I think most people WOULD find the TK75 more useful...as most people are not doing search and rescue/looking for land from their boat, etc.

If you NEED to see that far off, the TK75 can't do it, but the SR95UT can...so if you are someone who needs that range, the Olight is the choice between those two options.

If 300-400 yards is all you need, the broader beam of the TK75 will show more of what's out there at a time....which is generally, more useful. (That many yards is FAR, as in in daylight you start to have trouble seeing details too.)

BOTH are serious tools, and have their purposes....their purposes are just different.

Kaban

Newly Enlightened

LOL

EITHER would impress your friends.

Overall, I think most people WOULD find the TK75 more useful...as most people are not doing search and rescue/looking for land from their boat, etc.

If you NEED to see that far off, the TK75 can't do it, but the SR95UT can...so if you are someone who needs that range, the Olight is the choice between those two options.

If 300-400 yards is all you need, the broader beam of the TK75 will show more of what's out there at a time....which is generally, more useful. (That many yards is FAR, as in in daylight you start to have trouble seeing details too.)

BOTH are serious tools, and have their purposes....their purposes are just different.
You think the Phoenix will be good for spotting the fish?

birderbill

Newly Enlightened

The TK75 is a very all around useful light AND it will impress your friends.