Has anynoe seen the laser designator searchlights?

clint357

Newly Enlightened
It looks like they are being marketed for hunting mainly, but it will illuminate a target of substantial size (deer or elk) out to 500 yards and will run for 7 hours on a 123. I did a quick search and did not find anything on cpf about them and thougth it was strange. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuFJXEmnOmM this is a review of one of said lights, this is s 250 yard model, but a 500 yard does exist. This would be awesome with a white light though.

egrep

Enlightened
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. a decollimated laser is a swell idea! I may have to get one of these for hunting -and- playing. Great way to find my dog in the woods here at home. :)

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
Any idea how much? I've never understood hunting as a sport.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I've never understood hunting as a sport.

Darkness, requirement for light, evolution of lighting, hobby/sport for some.

Starvation, requirement for sustenance, tradition/necessity, hobby/sport for some.

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
Darkness, requirement for light, evolution of lighting, hobby/sport for some.

Starvation, requirement for sustenance, tradition/necessity, hobby/sport for some.

Thanks Patriot. Do they ever get the chance to shoot back ;-)

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
$350 for the 250 yard model

Thanks clint357. Very clever bit of kit. I saw similar stuff last night in the UK with LEDs. They worked just as well but didn't see any focusable like this. But then again, I never asked if they could.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea how much? I've never understood hunting as a sport.

It can save you money if you're a meat eater. It also forces you to think about how you eat. If you aren't willing to kill an animal yourself, why should you eat it?
I don't hunt, but I would for survival.

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
It can save you money if you're a meat eater. It also forces you to think about how you eat. If you aren't willing to kill an animal yourself, why should you eat it?
I don't hunt, but I would for survival.

Ahh, but hunting to kill and eat isn't a sport. I was more thinking trophy hunting.

And so would I for survival.

clint357

Newly Enlightened
Is this more efficient than a highly focused LED or HID? I'm just wondering if it's a marketing ploy because it's something different or if there is real merrit to this idea. Also, is there such a thing as a white laser that could be used on this?