Anyone have an opinion on the TerraLUX Lightstar 300

Larry from Bend

Newly Enlightened
This is a 2 AA LED light with 2 brightness levels; 300 and 100 lumens. It doesn't mention CREE LED, so don't know about that.

I'm trying to go to AA lights only but hadn't heard of this company or model. This would be my "by the bed" light any maybe I'd also get one for the truck.

I can get one for around $45.00 ----------- Is their another similiar light I should consider instead???

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
A bedside light needs an ultra low low mode(s), for moving about without disturbing your night vision or other people in the room/area. Shop around based on how low the light can go, not how high; check out the Sunwayman V series and the Zebralight SC52.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have one that i keep in my car... it feels solid but there are about 10 billion other options i would consider first before actually buying one (mine was free)

for a truck light i would recommend the nitecore ea4 - it can be had for around $50-60 from various vendors... comes in neutral white xml t6 3c or cool white xml u2... the only draw back is that it doesnt have a low low mode

for a bedside light i would recommend something with a moonlight or low mode so as not to shock your eyes when you turn it on in the night or wake up others... the itp a2 eos is an aa 3 mode light with a nice low... also the thrunite ti is nice... i have both

like i said there are literally hundreds of options available to you - im sure other members will chime in as well

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the above posters have written,not really a night stand light but makes a great truck/car light.

I have the Lightstar 100 single AA and it is well built and does what it says on the packet.I tend to use it outside.

Lightstar100.jpg

Larry from Bend

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your replies. A dealer has the TerraLux 300 on sale and I thought I'd ask about it. There are SO MANY different lights for sale, it's confusing. I looked up some owner's reviews of the 300 and they thought its brightness was way overrated by TerraLux. Guess I'll keep looking.

Last edited:

Latest posts