Need Help With Identification, please

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
Recently, I bought an older E2D, and wonder if it is anything special.

I have an E2e that is '3-flats', but this E2D has only 2-flats, except that the 'flats' are actually curved, like on the latest E2E, E2DL, etc. One is under the clip, and the other, on the 'bottom', has all the engraving on it. SN A87***, previous version of the SF logo. The tailcap appears to possibly be regular HA, as it is somewhat glossy; the rest of the light looks to be HAIII. The inside and threads have the gold-colored chem-film, or chem-kote, or whatever it was called. It accepts an AW protected 17670 easily.

I've searched the forum for a couple of hours, but can't find any definitive info on it. Any input would be appreciated. At this point, I'm afraid to use it. I don't (to date) collect these things, but wonder if this needs to go to someone who does.

Thanks in advance.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like this?
44694_276503779144528_1973469621_n.jpg

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
Yes, exactly, except mine has a lower SN; it has 'A' followed by only 5 numerics.

Is it unusual? I had planned to just use it, since it takes a 17670.

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
jh333233 and archimedes: thanks for the info and referral. I don't usually have anything to sell, so don't usually think to check the WTB forum. I'll work on that.

samuraishot: PM replied to.

FYI, yes it is BK-HA, at least the body and bezel are; still not sure about that tailcap. I was assuming that all E2Ds were BK; I should have been more clear. Thanks.

archimedes

Flashaholic
jh333233 and archimedes: thanks for the info and referral. I don't usually have anything to sell, so don't usually think to check the WTB forum. I'll work on that.

samuraishot: PM replied to.

FYI, yes it is BK-HA, at least the body and bezel are; still not sure about that tailcap. I was assuming that all E2Ds were BK; I should have been more clear. Thanks.

Glad to help :twothumbs

Latest posts