Solar powered motion sensor light experience?

chrisn1niq

Newly Enlightened
Doeas anyone have experience with soloar charged motion sensing lights? After a run in with a tresspasser last night I have to realize that I need a security light for the end of my driveway where there are no powerlines. Any help would be appreciated. BTW: I kept the intruder at bay w/ my Ultrastinger.

Chris

TheBeam

Enlightened
I have no idea about the lights, did you check Home Teapot?

The solar ones might not be bright enough or last long enough. You could bury some wire to a motion detecting light on a post. If you think this fool might come back, you might want to get a security camera and watch him on your tv. Hopefully you don't have defend yourself.

chrisn1niq

Newly Enlightened
I should have stated this previously. The driveway is almost a quarter mile long and my utility lines come in from another direction. Solar is the only real option I can think of.

I did some research yesterday online and could only find negative reviews on one brand (Centurion). I may hit a few lighting shops on Saturday and see what they have to offer.

Chris

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you will need a wireless transmitter. I have seen, online, battery powered devices that claim 1000' range. If you're dead set on solar, you might consider converting one to a rechargable battery and hooking up a solor panel.
Just a thought.

chrisn1niq

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE

I found a simpler solution. My electric utility company will install a 250 watt sodium flood light on their pole at the end of the drive for $18.00 a month. This may sound steep but the other options were already estimated at over $250.00 with solar. Plus, I hope to move within the next year so it seems financially sound.

Chris