Surefire C2L-HA LED

RatDrall

Newly Enlightened
I always wanted a Surefire C2 and missed out on all of the closeout deals when they were discontinued. I found a couple of C2 HA LED lights for $135 shipped. They have the 80 lumen LED and are supposed to last 11 hours.

It's worth the price to me, because it's just powerful enough, the batteries last way longer than 1 hour like the incandescent 6P I'm used to, and I like the twisty/clicky tailcap.

In your opinion, is this a decent price?

Which Surefire lanyard comes with the little ring I need and will work with the C2 body?

I believe that the 80 lumen LED version has the unsealed bezel and takes the P60L lamp. Is this right, and can this light be modified?

skillet

Enlightened
That Surefire C2 is going to come with Surefire's P60L LED dropin... Sell that on the marketplace and pickup a Malkoff Devices dropin or there are others making good quality dropins for the everyday kinda user.. Just do a search for "Malkoff" in the search bar and you'll have plenty to do the rest of the day...

And welcome to the forum!!

Pekka

Newly Enlightened
In your opinion, is this a decent price?

Which Surefire lanyard comes with the little ring I need and will work with the C2 body?

I believe that the 80 lumen LED version has the unsealed bezel and takes the P60L lamp. Is this right, and can this light be modified?
For future reference, by using seach first you might've already know the answers. ;)
But to answer the questions in the order asked and to help any future people coming by:

* Im my subjective opinion, Not very. (As in, I'll sell you my mint spare for cheaper!)

* The C2 should already come with lanyard, lanyard ring and everything you need.

* Correct. That is assuming they don't just have the specs wrong in the website.

RatDrall

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the fast replies.

I did try a search, maybe I put the wrong words in, but got so much information I had trouble sorting through it.

Edited to Add:

1 more question - Can I take the LED lamp out of this one, and replace it with an incandescent? I'm not going to, just curious because I have a spare P60 inandescent lying around here somewhere...

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The 120 lumen model was not as versatile, but the 80 lumen model can do everything the Incan model can.

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
I would agree with the others, that you can find a better price. I suggest you expand your search to include the incandescent C2-HA, not just the LED version. As Electronguru indicated, look for an 80-lumen C2L, or an incandescent C2; except for the drop-in (which you will soon want to replace) and the lettering on the body, they are identical. For $135, you should be able to find a nice C2 and a nice drop-in. If you happen to find one that is bored for 18650, so much the better.

Just my thoughts....

RatDrall

Newly Enlightened
I would agree with the others, that you can find a better price. I suggest you expand your search to include the incandescent C2-HA, not just the LED version. As Electronguru indicated, look for an 80-lumen C2L, or an incandescent C2; except for the drop-in (which you will soon want to replace) and the lettering on the body, they are identical. For $135, you should be able to find a nice C2 and a nice drop-in. If you happen to find one that is bored for 18650, so much the better.

Just my thoughts....

Are you talking about new in the package lights, or used ones?

I guess I never mentioned that the one I got is new in the package from a dealer that must have had it sitting around for a while. How long ago was the C2L 80 lumen discontinued?

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
Fleabay has a NIP C2 for $119.99 with free shipping right now. If you don't want new, there are a couple of used ones with blemished Malkoffs for <$100.

Oveready sells a new C2 host (no lamp/bulb/LED) for $123, and it's already bored for 18650 batteries. I don't think think that includes a lanyard or lanyard ring, but they are easy enough to find (if you want one; I almost never use mine.), and a lot cheaper than the cost of boring a body.

You have looked at CPF Market Place (separate forum from this one), right?

Not sure when the C2L 80 lumen was replaced with the 120 lumen version. I have one NIP, and I called Surefire to see how old it (or more to the point, the batteries inside it) might be. I think I was told the C2L could be as old as 2008. I would have thought it was made before then, maybe not.

With a little effort, I still say you can do better than $135.

Good Luck.

Pekka

Newly Enlightened
1 more question - Can I take the LED lamp out of this one, and replace it with an incandescent? I'm not going to, just curious because I have a spare P60 inandescent lying around here somewhere...
Since it seems it could use some additional emphasing...
The C2 is sold in 3 different "models":

* Ancient incan variety C2, with P60 incan dropin and Z44 head

* Older C2 led (80 lumens), with P60L led dropin and Z44 head - same as the incan model apart from the dropin

* Newer C2 led (120 lumens), with KX4 led head - body and tailcap are still same, but the head is a sealed unit, and needs to be replaced if you wish to use dropins with the light.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, the tailcap and Z44 head are identical with 6P if you can live with the color mismatch.

Last edited: