Anyone got the Thrunite Archer 2A yet? Questions if ya do!

anedae

Newly Enlightened
Hey! I know some of you guys have ordered them, and from what I can tell they have US stock now so they should be arriving soon, if they haven't already.

I'm really close to getting one, but I've been trying to wait for some beamshots, and/or a review on em. Nothing yet, so my impatience has me posting this, lol.

Anyone gotten theirs yet?

How would you describe the beam? Very concentrated? Medium balance between throw and spill? This may be my main concern - this will be my EDC for awhile and I don't want a pinpoint of light, nor do I want a wall of light. Looking for a decent balance with a slight lean (or medium lean) toward throw.

What kind of runtimes do you get? Are the manufacturer runtimes pretty accurate?

Anyone happen to have both the 2a and the 1a? Are the head/tails interchangeable? I'm asking because I like the idea of being able to convert my 2a to a 1a if need be (say I can only get ahold of 1 AA in an emergency situation)

Thanks all!

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
I've got one. It is more throw than spill but not a pinpoint. The beam is a little ringy, but that doesn't really bother me. This is the brightest 2 AA light I own. I am pretty impressed by it. Yes the heads are interchangeable. I'm pretty sure they actually are the same head. I was able to unscrew the head on my 2 AA and screw it on my Jetbeam BC10 and run it off of a CR123. I did post a beam shot in another Thrunite forum.
3ema9udu.jpg
Heres a beam shot of the Archer 2 AA. There's another ring completely outside the picture that you cannot see here. I don't claim to be a pro.

Last edited:

anedae

Newly Enlightened
Is there any noticeable PWM in the low ranges? I heard the archer 1a had some bad pwm