• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD - Crudely modded HDS clicky 170 - $75

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop SOLD. Clicky SOLD

Hi folks. Thought I'd try my hand at modding a few lights. Had some successes - some messy jobs.

Please read the descriptions carefully and completely. Lights are sold as is.

This is a legacy HDS Clicky 170. I modded it with an XPG2, Round MCPCB, R5, 1D tint. It works fine as it is with a few 'quirks.' Because of the thickness of the circuit board the bezel ring cannot be tightened down completely. I put an oring in between the head and ring and it prevents over tightening. Occasionally the light will require a soft reset. I don't know why - it gives a few blinks and won't function. I remove the head for the soft reset and everything is fine. It might never happen with you - it might happen ever other time you use it. Typically with me it happens only when I mode change too many times.

It's a messy mod. I used some simple plastic tape as a make shift insulator.

I scratched the reflector. The photo makes it look worse than it is, but it is scratched. It does not affect the beam.

The good news? Beautiful, neutral tinted 260+ lumen beam. And if you are a modder, it's a great platform to work from. If you want a cheap clicky that works, it's a bargain - just buy with full understanding of the 'issues.'

And just in case you want to try your hand at cleaning up my mess, I'll include 2 Nichia LED Series 219 NVSL219A-H1 294lm Warm White 1x1cm PCB (look HERE)

SOLD - $75 shipped CONUS. First I'll take it posted here takes priority. PayPal - I pay fees. And yes, it's a deal. The 2 LEDs are worth over $10.

Photos
The light is in good shape. Some tiny pinpoint areas where there may be anno missing, but mostly dust. NO CLIP- the screw holes are filled with Dad's screws.
DSC00043-001.JPG

The ugly mod photos
DSC00046-001.JPG

DSC00041-001.JPG

DSC00048-001.JPG

The pretty beam
DSC00049-001.JPG

Next up is a cheap, but nicely built light. I'm posting here because it has been modified! I put a nice, neutral Nichia 219, 4500k, 92CRI, B10 bin,in this one. Did a decent job of this mod, and it's ready to use. The beam is uniform, but is a bit out of focus. Almost like the effect you get from a 3 emitter design when you are close to the wall. Still VERY useable, very nice beam and tint, and a solid, somewhat heavy light. 2 levels, reverse clicky, comes on in high...right at 100 lumen, then press for low....around 5 lumen.​

Uses AA batteries or 14500s. I will include one barely used AW IMR14500. No clip - no accessories - what you see is what you get.

SOLD - $25 mailed USPS First Class CONUS. First I'll take it posted here takes priority. PayPal - I pay fees.
DSC00040-001.JPG

DSC00036-001.JPG

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Crudely modded HDS clicky 170 - $75

Sorry - box cleared.

I have to travel Monday - Thursday and USPS requires that I present the package directly to them. I wouldn't be able to ship until Friday - that's why I left out the international option. I might possibly be able to get the package shipped early Monday morning - either way, the shipped price to the UK would be $90

Do you ship international? I tried to pm u but your inbox is full.

fortean101

Newly Enlightened
Crudely modded HDS clicky 170 - $75

Thank you for the quick reply I will have to sell a couple more lights, it will probably have gone by then anyway!

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Probably not....270 views and you are the first inquiry. If it hasn't sold by Sunday night I'll withdraw it until I return from my trip. Thanks for your inquiry!

:thumbsup:

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oooop'.s I waited to long. Congrats Dan and Derek.....Robert.