Customizing a SureFire E2E?

Bullyson

Enlightened
I just bought an E2E on eBay thinking it was about the same size as a C2 but its quite a bit smaller. So now I have a couple questions. Can this light be fitted with a P60 drop in and be bored to accept 18650's? Also it has the incandescent lamp assembly but looks like that can be removed. Honestly, I really like the style of this light and would like to keep it if it can be customized.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I just bought an E2E on eBay thinking it was about the same size as a C2 but its quite a bit smaller. So now I have a couple questions. Can this light be fitted with a P60 drop in and be bored to accept 18650's? Also it has the incandescent lamp assembly but looks like that can be removed. Honestly, I really like the style of this light and would like to keep it if it can be customized.

A VME bezel can be fitted, to allow use of Malkoff drop-ins (though this bezel may not be compatible with all other P60 drops).

The incandescent lamp is indeed removable.

The threads on the tube will be too thin to reliably bore for 18mm diameter cells. There are some aftermarket tubes that can accommodate these, however (though most of these are now costly and out-of-production).

Of course, if you replace the bezel and the tube ... there's not much E2E left :devil:

Last edited:

kitman22

Newly Enlightened
Get a TNC E2C adapter and C series beze from Oveready, then stick a P60 dropin in there and your good to go.

Sent from earth, using a toaster.

autogiro

Enlightened
Get a TNC E2C adapter and C series beze from Oveready, then stick a P60 dropin in there and your good to go.

Sent from earth, using a toaster.

Kinda like this...

yvaqa2uv.jpg

(very difficult and next to impossible to bore for 18650, I use 17670 in mine)
Auto

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if there is an Incan option with two lifepo cells in an e2e?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
Hmm, We still have about 14 x E2e's that are left over after training sessions in 2006 to 2008, and still work.
Would it be economic (iow, what would it cost) to upgrade these to modern requirements? and would those lights compete with modern 2013 lights?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hmm, We still have about 14 x E2e's that are left over after training sessions in 2006 to 2008, and still work.
Would it be economic (iow, what would it cost) to upgrade these to modern requirements? and would those lights compete with modern 2013 lights?

Well, almost anything is "possible" ... Oveready recently modified the E2E to put out about 1600 lumens.

Price, though ... was about $300-400 (each) :devil:

A few more "economical" upgrades have already been listed above ... VME, Malkoff, E2C, and so forth.

Last edited:

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
Well, almost anything is "possible" ... Oveready recently modified the E2E to put out about 1600 lumens.

Price, though ... was about $300-400 (each) :devil:
A few more "economical" upgrades have already been listed above ... VME, Malkoff, E2C, and so forth.

So, that would not be practical or economical.
Then We'll probably better of selling them and buy modern/better ones :sigh:

Erzengel

Enlightened
If they are in good shape, it would be the most economic (and boring) solution to sell them on the collectors market and buy some newer LED E-Series like E2DL or ...
The only economic upgrade would the Lumens Factory upgrade, which costs about 50$ per light. The Malkoff/VME combo will be around $100.

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
Thanks Erzengel,
Good info.
Prices between 50$ and 100$ will be to high to upgrade.
We will sell the lot and use the money to buy tactical replacements. (About 85$ per TL.)
I can live with that.
It is for training students. Hopefully the modern ones will proof to be more sturdy and last longer.