Charging 3 18650 in a Intellicharge i4 V2

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, last night I try to charge three of my 18650 3400, two of them just received from fasttech and the third one was a intl-outdoor, so, when I place the three batts in the charger a couples of seconds later I note that the charge kind reboot.

Then I try with a external 1amp power supply and the blue led look like get dimm and bright and so on...

Then I try with a external 20amp power supply and the others two behaviors stopped.

So, my charger is failing or it is a good idea to use a external power supply to charge 3 or 4 18650? Maybe the internal power supply dosent have the power enought to charge 4 batts???

I bought this charger in march 2012 from BugoutGearUSA.com

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read in a thread the other day that another i4 owner had problems, and it opened his v4 and found some poor soldering, he re-did the soldering and it seemed to fix his problem, if you v4 is in warranty i would suggest you get it replaced before doing this though.

Also do not leave you v4 charging unsupervised, and keep it away from flammable objects just ot be safe.

John.

Last edited:

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read in a thread the other day that another i4 owner had problems, and it opened his v4 and found some poor soldering, he re-did the soldering and it seemed to fix his problem, if you v4 is in warranty i would suggest you get it replaced before doing this though.

Also do not lean you v4 charging unsupervised, and keep it away from flammable objects just ot be safe.

John.

Yeap, I dont want to open it yet, I send a mail to who sell it to me, or I have to contact nitecore???

I never leave the charge without supervision... Thanks for the advice...

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
I'm brand new here but I've been reading a lot about chargers and batteries over the past few days so I'll throw in my 2 cents...

Is it possible that your charger isn't really a V2?

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm brand new here but I've been reading a lot about chargers and batteries over the past few days so I'll throw in my 2 cents...

Is it possible that your charger isn't really a V2?

You're feeding it 1 amp when it clearly states on the box that its output is 375 mA*4 / 750 mA*2?

Do you NOT see what is wrong here? :D

I also believe when charging using 4 bays it goes:

750 000 | 750 000
000 750 | 000 750
375 375 | 375 375

It's really 750 / 2 * 2 bays.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the blue LED is dimming, then it's struggling for current. Get a bigger adapter. 1A is not enough. 20A is better :D

The internal PSU in these can be dodgy. I have 3 that have been flawless. I've seen some fail, and some reboot/be silly.

High current external DC adapter is the best.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're feeding it 1 amp when it clearly states on the box that its output is 375 mA*4 / 750 mA*2?

Do you NOT see what is wrong here? :D

I also believe when charging using 4 bays it goes:

750 000 | 750 000
000 750 | 000 750
375 375 | 375 375

It's really 750 / 2 * 2 bays.

The fail start charging 3 batteries, the manual recomend not charge 4, but 3 should no be a problem.

I am thinking in use just the a external PS to charge 18650

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
The v1 had blue stickers.

I figured as much but sometimes when I get frustrated trouble shooting I find it helps me to start from the beginning. "OK, is the computer plugged in...?" :grin2: