New mode?

eusty

Newly Enlightened
While I was searching cheapy Chinese lights I noticed that this light has an 'explode flash' (point #4)...the mind boggles!! :huh:

Tiresius

Enlightened
Did anyone paid attention to the specs on the light itself? I would believe what they claim is true, even the mode itself. 5000 lumens out of 1xXM-L @ 2a. The emitter itself cannot produce anywhere near that without running multi-emitter. The picture looks like a triple head but still cannot get anywhere near the lumen.

eusty

Newly Enlightened
I was looking as it said 5000 lumens, but like you decided it wasn't....

Sent using Tapatalk 2.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
"3: Theoretical luminance: 5000LM"

Forget ANSI, let's hear your theory on how bright this light might be.

"9: Whole high definition toughened glass lens."

I like this, I always fear only getting half of a lens, I shall rest easy.

"Please note that battery install in right direction. Also, use the same old and new level, the same specification, charge-discharge at the same time, not put it to no person's place for long time and avoid damage.

I'm not touching this double negative. It might not have been in no person's place for a long time.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
I got a few cheapy 18650 XM-L lights off of eBay just to get them. It is almost worth the 10.00 or so per light, or the cheap charger I got advertised as a Fenix that is NOT, just to read the terrible translation. Is it really that hard to find someone that speaks better English for these translations?

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
I got a few cheapy 18650 XM-L lights off of eBay just to get them. It is almost worth the 10.00 or so per light, or the cheap charger I got advertised as a Fenix that is NOT, just to read the terrible translation. Is it really that hard to find someone that speaks better English for these translations?
If I had to find someone today to translate something from English to Chinese, I would have trouble checking the results too.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Is it really that hard to find someone that speaks better English for these translations?
No but it is really expensive an extra cost budget light manufacturers don't won't to or can't afford to pay.

Norm

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

Explode flash is OBVIOUSLY an attempt to say "Strobe".

:D

It would triple the production costs if they had to actually take the time and effort to verify the specs, and, given their target demographics, it would mean selling no lights, as their competition is not....add a translator who knew what the terms themselves meant and could translate the ad copy/specs...and, well, it ain't gonna happen.

A maker would be far along on QA/QC before he bit the bullet and had ads in the native tongue of his target demographic made at extra cost.

:D