XP-E2 experience with anyone?

NITEHUNT

Newly Enlightened
The XP-E2? Has anyone had any experience with these yet? I am purchasing some lights that have these in red and green emitters with an 18650 2400mAh 3.7v battery driving it. Thought these were a better option than the XLR due to the "bubble"/bulb protectors instability. Or ease of "knocking" it off. These lights allow the consumer to change out the bulb for green/red applications. Whichever they prefer.

Any thoughts on the XP-E2 performance. Compared to other led's

Thanks!!

NITEHUNT

Newly Enlightened
So according to that, it is only available in the white color zone. So I must be getting the "older" XP-E leds?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not true. I'm not sure if I can link or not but paste this in Google and click the first result. About half way down the first post are some test results of a green xpe2:

More Emitter Test Results (xpg2, xpe2, mtg2) Updated 11-12-12

From experience the xpe2 throws brilliantly and is a pretty good emitter IMO. If I wasn't such a tint snob/power fiend (a bad combo Lol) I'd use them in all of my small lights.

Have a look at cutter for different colours.

- Matt

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait... isn't this the same as the xp-e R4 emitter used in the recent E40 (which I have)?

Or is this something completely new? If it's the same then yeah... It's pretty beast for what it is. In the E40 the thing throws like a larger 2 18650 light with a much bigger reflector. My E50 has more or less the same throw, but only because it's cranking out near 800 lumens. Actually though you need to be at the highest brightness on the E50 to get that far so the E40 wins just because it still throws that far even on the ~100 lumen level.

Again, let me know if this xpe2 is something completely different.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xpe2 is an upgraded xpe. Its about 6 months old now? 20% more throw and I think a smaller die area and a narrower lens, though I can't confirm off the top of my head

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not true. I'm not sure if I can link or not but paste this in Google and click the first result. About half way down the first post are some test results of a green xpe2:

More Emitter Test Results (xpg2, xpe2, mtg2) Updated 11-12-12.

- Matt

It isn't a place to buy something, so I don't see why it would be an issue. As far as I can recall, there are no rules against linking to data on emitter performance:

Link