Sunwayman T60CS and Thrunite TN30 - in the realworld

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings - I wouldn't call this a recommend a light for me thread because this is really posted to get thoughts on real-world use not recommendations. This being said - if there are any owners of either, both, or even other 3x emitter lights, this would be an excellent thread to post your opinions. They all vary - in UI, so perhaps chiming in on how you value the different outputs, or access to strobe or not, would be great. Are the lights easy to carry? which one do you grab? Did you go for more throw, or flood?

It would be interesting to see if there's any lights that clearly get chosen over any others -

sbbsga

Enlightened
I have Thrunite TN30 and Nitecore TM15, both are great torches but TN30 wins mainly because of the straightforward UI. TM15's UI is okay to use when I am relaxed, but if my heartbeat is raised, mode switching is hit-and-miss.

In terms of beam patterns, I would say they are equally useful. TN30's beam pattern may be messy, but when the main objective and user's concentration are projected to finding something, the daisy-pattern is irrelevant.

Also, TN30 uses 3 cells and not picky on cell designs. While TM15 needs 4 cells to run safely on full power and I found out that true button top cells are the most ideal - some button-top cells are still rather flat, not protruding enough to make reliable contact.

They weigh roughly the same to me, similarly sized too. I never really notice the size and weight differences other than the UI's when using them.

TM15 has onboard charging, cuts off at 4.17V every time - I take voltage readings before and after charging. TN30's cells are charged conventionally.

Just let me know if I missed anything.

lightliker

Newly Enlightened
My T60CS just arrived today and I took it for a small peak outside, next to my SR90 from Olight.
The T60CS has a much wider spill that lights up more at short and medium long distance but the SR90 rules at distance!
I like the simple interface of the T60CS but find the color a bit greenish at lower levels.
The 20 lumens low is very usable and gives many hours of emergency light, the medium and high are well spaced and strobe and S.O.S. nicely hidden with twice a double click.
One slight minus: you have to serch a bit for the on-off buton because it's a bit "hidden"in the light but this prevents going on accidently.
Overal I am very content with this nice crafted and flawless light from SWM sent by HKEquipment.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Many thanks for the real-world feedback lightliker! I wound up picking up the TN30 - thus far am very pleased, but will still be looking to pick up a T60CS at some point.