• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Found: P60 Sized "Slugs" - Custom Machined

S1LVA

Enlightened
Hey Guys,

I want to build some P60 sized drop-ins that are Mules. Its a project that has been brewing in my mind for a while and I'd like to take the first step towards building these! I'd like to reach out to my fellow CPF'ers becuse I know some of you have the ability to help me out. Consider me shopping for a machinist!

I would need you to do the machining obviously, and any computer drawings and measuring related to the metalwork. I can provide physical drop-ins/ hosts for measuring if necessary.

What I want:
- 17mm driver compatibility. Press fit installation of driver with a small notch to pop the driver out if needed.
- Space for up to a 20mm LED board
- Cost effective material.
- Holes for compatibility with various LED boards.

If you have experience making P60 sized slugs already then this should be an easy job for you! Basically what I have in mind is a P60 that isn't recessed for a reflector. Only a few milimeters deep for an LED board to be placed.

Oh and I would like 5 of them. If I like the way the completed drop-in comes out, I would like to order 25-50 more to build and share here on CPF (depending on price) :)

PM me if you're interested!

:wave:
S1LVA

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: P60 Sized "Slugs" - Custom Machined

Hi S1LVA,

I'm not quite clear on exactly what you have in mind here. What are you wanting for a reflector? Do you want the reflector to attach to the pill in any way?

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello S1LVA,

If you haven't found anyone to do this for you I could make these for you. Best way to get in contact with me would be via e-mail.

Chris

Hey Guys,

I want to build some P60 sized drop-ins that are Mules. Its a project that has been brewing in my mind for a while and I'd like to take the first step towards building these! I'd like to reach out to my fellow CPF'ers becuse I know some of you have the ability to help me out. Consider me shopping for a machinist!

I would need you to do the machining obviously, and any computer drawings and measuring related to the metalwork. I can provide physical drop-ins/ hosts for measuring if necessary.

What I want:
- 17mm driver compatibility. Press fit installation of driver with a small notch to pop the driver out if needed.
- Space for up to a 20mm LED board
- Cost effective material.
- Holes for compatibility with various LED boards.

If you have experience making P60 sized slugs already then this should be an easy job for you! Basically what I have in mind is a P60 that isn't recessed for a reflector. Only a few milimeters deep for an LED board to be placed.

Oh and I would like 5 of them. If I like the way the completed drop-in comes out, I would like to order 25-50 more to build and share here on CPF (depending on price) :)

PM me if you're interested!

:wave:
S1LVA

S1LVA

Enlightened

Hi S1LVA,

I'm not quite clear on exactly what you have in mind here. What are you wanting for a reflector? Do you want the reflector to attach to the pill in any way?

Mules don't have reflectors :)

Hello S1LVA,

If you haven't found anyone to do this for you I could make these for you. Best way to get in contact with me would be via e-mail.

Chris

Email sent. Thank you.

S1LVA

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

So, an optic fits the housing then? Or you mean just the bare LED for light? I guess I've never heard of/seen a "mule".

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
WTB: P60 Sized "Slugs" - Custom Machined

A mule has neither optic or reflector. The result is a wide, perfectly smooth beam. Like sun through a window, smooth.

S1LVA

Enlightened

Thanks for the explanation! I believe McGizmo was the one who coined the term "mule" here on CPF.

I've never been satisfied with slapping a diffuser on a light. Its not the same! I need me a dedicated mule :devil:

Also, looks like I have found someone for the job :)

S1LVA