Couple questions about the Zebralight SC600

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question 1: I've grown a bit tired of its complete lack of throw. Not enough to replace it (by a long shot), but enough to make me wonder if there exists such a thing as a compatible replacement reflector that'd make it a bit more throwy. I'm aware the XM-L is not a very good thrower by itself, and I'm fine with that as flood is still my primary need, but if a smooth reflector would make it even just somewhat more throwy I'd consider it an acceptable compromise.

Question 2: in the year or so since I bought it I haven't kept up with LED innovation. Has Cree advanced the XM-L emitter enough that it'd make sense to replace the stock LED with a better one?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Myself, I would leave it alone. Buy another light with a bit more throw. Same as you, I have and love my SC600. But wanted something different, with a bit more throw. I picked up a Nitecore EC25W http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=73

I am thrilled with it.

Pick out something you would like...maybe a smaller light...maybe a multi emitter high lumen light.

My thoughts anyway...

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Question 1: I've grown a bit tired of its complete lack of throw. Not enough to replace it (by a long shot), but enough to make me wonder if there exists such a thing as a compatible replacement reflector that'd make it a bit more throwy. I'm aware the XM-L is not a very good thrower by itself, and I'm fine with that as flood is still my primary need, but if a smooth reflector would make it even just somewhat more throwy I'd consider it an acceptable compromise.

Question 2: in the year or so since I bought it I haven't kept up with LED innovation. Has Cree advanced the XM-L emitter enough that it'd make sense to replace the stock LED with a better one?
Yeah you will have to get a different light

and no your like probably has a U2 in it and the only thing better is the U3 which really wont make any difference at all

Latest posts