Replacing pocket clip on Surefire E2D?

joesutherland100

Newly Enlightened
I am relatively new on here but love Surefire lights and have several. I just bought an E2D Defender Xenon over on CP Marketplace with the short pocket clip that is just a little sprung. The light is in great condition and I can almost get the clip bent back right but I'd like to know how to replace the clip if I go that route. It looks pressed into place and appears to come off the front end to remove it. What is the best way to do this? I just don't want to scratch up this great light. Thanks. Joe

RatDrall

Newly Enlightened
Unscrew the head and use a shoe string or paracord, looped under the clip, and pull forward.

Watch for the little plastic spacer to fly out...

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the clip is just not functioning due to loss of "tension/elasticity"
Take off the o-ring
Follow what RatDrall's instruction
Find a flat-nose plier, use it to compress the U-position(i dont know how to say that), you might wanna find a piece of cloth to wrap it before doing so, if you dont wanna scratch it.
Put everything back in position and think nothing ever happen, the light was brand new.
Otherwise, mail Surefire for a new clip

joesutherland100

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. This is very helpful. Since it's only slightly sprung this looks like it will work great. I do appreciate it.

Joe

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
One thing I usually do when I remove and replace my clips, is to put an index card or something similar between the body and the clip, so it doesn't mar the ano when sliding into place. The last 3 or 4 I've done I was able to just push the clip out, after removing the o-ring. I would hesitate to use any metal object to push the plastic spacer out, and have never found the need to. If I had a particularly tough one, I would use the string/paracord strategy to pull it out. As others have said, keep an eye on that little plastic spacer!

Don't know if this is what you were asking about, but it works.