Klarus xt 11 question

Mlehman

Newly Enlightened
First post here, yes I'm a newbie. Ive been looking and cannot find the answer. Does the klarus xt11 have regulated output so the flashlight maintains constant level of brightness?
I hate when a lights brightness fades as the battery losses power.
Also is this feature the norm for flashlights of this class?
Thank you for your responses. Definitely considering purchasing this light.

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened
First post here, yes I'm a newbie. Ive been looking and cannot find the answer. Does the klarus xt11 have regulated output so the flashlight maintains constant level of brightness?
I hate when a lights brightness fades as the battery losses power.
Also is this feature the norm for flashlights of this class?
Thank you for your responses. Definitely considering purchasing this light.

yes it does,by the way i have this light and love it.

TheVat26

Enlightened
I used to be puzzled by the "maintains constant brightness" claim too. I have an rs11 which is like the xt11 in output, runtime, and regulation. So the xt11 claims 600-620 lumens on an 18650. However, it won't run at 600 for 2.2 hours. After 45 minutes to an hour running on high, the output will diminish to 50 percent.

My pelican 7060 is the only light I know of that runs at max output for for the life of the battery with no noticeable dimming. Basically near same output (give or take 10 to 15 lumens) at 5 percent as 100 percent. I'm not super educated on lights but it seems that lights are being driven hard to get high outputs, but it's a letdown when you're expecting bright bright bright per charge only to notice huge output decrease after moderate use.

just make sure you top the battery off every time you use it and you won't be dissappointed. I'm more impressed with a flat output curve than high lumen claims. Hope that makes sense.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I own a lot of lights. Recently bought a XT-11. Very nice light. I got mine on EBAY and it came with a charger and two 18650 batteries. I think it was $110 total. A good deal........

Mlehman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the comments.
I have also been looking on eBay. They do have some pretty good deals.
Thanks!

Latest posts